Cultivated Reef

Codeman's Box o' Reefer Madness

Codeman

Here's a few new pictures, water's still cloudy but at least its filtering.

Ric garden

DSC02535.jpg

GSP Opening now

DSC02536.jpg

DIY Mag float frag rack

DSC02537.jpg

DSC02538.jpg

That's it for now.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been browsing Live Aquaria and lgreen's nano fish guide.

Thinking of getting a Citron Clown Goby and a Longfin Fairy Wrasse. Thoughts?

Will they get along? Can I add them at the same time? If not, which first?

Looks good brotha. That ric garden is so nice. A citron is awesome and the wrasse will be really fun to watch. LA says the Wrasse needs 55 gallons. Im sure you wont have a problem with aggression. Both are really peaceful fish.

Just completed a battery of tests. Everything looks pretty good, except pH seems a little low.

SG = 1.026

Nitrate = 0

Phosphate = 0

Ammonia = 0

pH = 7.8-8.0

Calcium = 400

KH = 10

DSC02545.jpg

Pre-Test

DSC02547.jpg

Post-Test

DSC02548.jpg

FTS, water is still a little cloudy, but much clearer than 24 hrs ago.

DSC02543.jpg

This is what the skimmer pulled overnight.

DSC02546.jpg

Looks like my trumpet is getting ready to split, it's sprouted a second mouth over the past few days. It's also coloring up nicely under the new T5's, gone from a whitish yellow to a more greenish hue.

Still looking for fish advice if anyone can give it. Also going to be picking up some frags from a local reefer later on today, so I will likely have more pics up tonight.

Awesome brotha its gonna look so sick when its completely stocked. Are you a fan of clowns?

I think a cool pair of picassos or true pers would look bad ass. A citron goby would be sharp to and my last fish and last to add would be a black cap basslet. They have always been really high on my list.

IMG_1522.jpg

Looks good brotha. That ric garden is so nice. A citron is awesome and the wrasse will be really fun to watch. LA says the Wrasse needs 55 gallons. Im sure you wont have a problem with aggression. Both are really peaceful fish.

Yeah I saw the 55 gallon reccomendation. It seems ok, a lot of people keep them in smaller tanks, its in lgreens nano fish guide under the 20 gal section.

Awesome brotha its gonna look so sick when its completely stocked. Are you a fan of clowns?

I think a cool pair of picassos or true pers would look bad ass. A citron goby would be sharp to and my last fish and last to add would be a black cap basslet. They have always been really high on my list.

IMG_1522.jpg

Thanks I can't wait. Not a big clown fan, but I do love Picassos, but I don't like the price :bling: beautiful fish but not worth the price, imo.

I think I'm going to get the citron and the Fairy Wrasse. The black cap is cool too, how aggressive are they?

They can be aggressive but if you add it last you should be fine. I have heard mixed reviews, I think it depends on the fish kind of like if sexy shrimp will eat coral.

Picked up some corals from a local reefer today. Got 4-5 stalks of silver Xenia, a rock covered in Gorilla Nipples and some other Zoas, a few grayish/purplish palys (I'm sure they have a name) and a little green Toadstool. A lot are still po'd because I rescaped a bit, so I'll try to get some pics a little later tonight.

omgomgomg we have the same tank! keep in touch cuz i'm sure we'll have a lot of the same questions!

good luck!

You got it, thanks!

Here's the pics of all the new corals and adjusted rockscape!

FTS

DSC02560.jpg

DSC02551.jpg

Zoa garden in progress

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02556.jpg

New Toadstool Leather

DSC02562.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

Cool Paly frag (name, anyone?)

DSC02561.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

Zoa Rock w/ Gorilla Nipples and I dunno what else.

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

Silver Xenia I believe? Still a little angry -_-

DSC02554.jpg

Rics

DSC02558.jpg

:D

BLaZinReeFeR
Just completed a battery of tests. Everything looks pretty good, except pH seems a little low.

SG = 1.026

Nitrate = 0

Phosphate = 0

Ammonia = 0

pH = 7.8-8.0

Calcium = 400

KH = 10

DSC02545.jpg

Pre-Test

DSC02547.jpg

Post-Test

DSC02548.jpg

FTS, water is still a little cloudy, but much clearer than 24 hrs ago.

DSC02543.jpg

This is what the skimmer pulled overnight.

DSC02546.jpg

Looks like my trumpet is getting ready to split, it's sprouted a second mouth over the past few days. It's also coloring up nicely under the new T5's, gone from a whitish yellow to a more greenish hue.

Still looking for fish advice if anyone can give it. Also going to be picking up some frags from a local reefer later on today, so I will likely have more pics up tonight.

looking real nice man. i just joined the forum. ive got a 24 aquapod, very similar. ill get some pics up asap. its about 2 months in, looks pretty good

BLaZinReeFeR
Haha, no problem. But I'm telling you its nothing to look at yet, still yucky and everything is PO'd or dead :(

With the exception of some of my Zoas that would probably stay open in a dark bucket of rubbing alcohol.

FTS:

DSC02529.jpg

Cool cave, left side

DSC02530.jpg

Side shot from right, can't see the other side, lol

DSC02531.jpg

Acan, snails & palys

DSC02532.jpg

DSC02534.jpg

A memorial to my little gobies

DSC02513.jpg

From the 5.5, but its a cool pic.

DSC02504-1.jpg

gettin there bro, where did you pick up the t5s from, online?

how much were they i wanna upgrade my lighting in my 24

gettin there bro, where did you pick up the t5s from, online?

how much were they i wanna upgrade my lighting in my 24

Got them from marinedepot.com. They're about $160.

Thanks for the comments!

Add the wrasse first, it will give much life to your tank.

Sounds like a plan.

I want to do more research on it first though.

Just ordered some more Blue Legs, Nassarius and Cerith snails to keep this thing clean!

That's good man, you may want to pm MarvinsReef I'm pretty sure he has one in his 32, he may be able to give you some tips.

BLaZinReeFeR
Got them from marinedepot.com. They're about $160.

Thanks for the comments!

thast a good price, its the 20 inch right. how many bulbs are there? if you like six line wrasse there nice. a were do i post pics of my tank. is there a certain page that i gotta to

Finally gave in t the pressure and got myself a pair of Ocellaris clowns, couldn't resist anymore they're too cute.

thast a good price, its the 20 inch right. how many bulbs are there? if you like six line wrasse there nice. a were do i post pics of my tank. is there a certain page that i gotta to

It's a 24 inch 4 bulb. The Sixlines are too aggressive for my stocking plans, but thanks for the suggestion.

Use photobucket or the nano-reef gallery to upload photos.

Wheres the pics bro?

Here's a quick shot, got it just before the lights shut off.

They're still settling in, haven't explored much yet.

DSC02567.JPG

I'll post up some more tomorrow!

YES!!! Great Clowns and great shots my friend.

Thanks!

I really like the trumpets in the last 2 pics. I ambushed them by turning the lights back on when they had all their feeder tentacles out :lol:

Archived