Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanobud's JBJ 28 gallon Nanocube HQI

Nanobuds

firefish are sweet, but hide alot. one of mine stays out alot while the other hides in the back corner

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, my diatoms are spreading by the moment. :rant:

however, i think my mushroom finally attatched to a piece of LR (srry, forgot to post about the mushy) and my hammer is growing another head. my kenya frags are looking great, same with my birdsnest frags. any reccomendations on the next coral? i wont spend more than $30 on the next one

Dude you gotta find the source, test your water, do a large water change like 25% and add chemipure elite and that should help.

clownfish617
Dude you gotta find the source, test your water, do a large water change like 25% and add chemipure elite and that should help.

+1

Do you have those ceramic rings in the filtration system? or if you have filter floss do you change it weekly?

If you do have rings or dont change the floss it could hold diatoms causing your problems

i just have everything that came with the nanocube, no upgrades yet. I rinse out the ring things every week also i dont think i have filter floss, just the black sponge thing i wash out every week

I suggest taking out the rings and replacing with (polyester) filter floss. Change that every week and I think youll have much better success with the diatoms. Also take out the black sponge. Then add chemipure over the floss and make sure alot of water flows through it.

what is filter floss? oh and here is a diagram of my media rack that came with the nano cube. what should i replace with the black sponge?

post-41750-1236718349_thumb.jpg

give tips on where to move around things in the rack

thx

if you use chemi pure elite then you dont need carbon or phosban right?

no need for carbon. if i had more $ id have phosban

Yea, like the others said, toss the rings, carbon, and sponge. What I would do is run chemi pure as suggested and for the filter floss, go to WalMart and get the poly-fil stuffing in the crafts section. You can get a huge bag for like 3 bucks. This way you can just throw away the used floss and replace with a brand new chunk without having to wash anything.

i top off with RO water, and obviously use saltwater i buy at the store for waterchanges.

can i keep the carbon anyway? i just bought a big container of carbon for $10 the other day.

so i put the chemie pure and filter floss in the first chamber, then waht else in the other chambers? more floss and chemiepure?

Archived