Innovative Marine Aquariums

Just ordered a new light

nyfishguy

i have softies, shrooms, zoas and a couple of LPS and a derasa clam under the stock lighting but wanted better color and growth....could i keep some SPS with T5's?

You will be fine with sps with that setup.

Question though: Why does everyone go out and buy a fixture, then come on here and ask if it's good or not? Wouldn't it be smarter to ask first and buy based on education? I've seen too many of these kinds of threads. Not bashing you nyfishguy, just trying to understand :)

You will be fine with sps with that setup.

Question though: Why does everyone go out and buy a fixture, then come on here and ask if it's good or not? Wouldn't it be smarter to ask first and buy based on education? I've seen too many of these kinds of threads. Not bashing you nyfishguy, just trying to understand :)

lol....i know....kinda half ass backwards i admit but i didn't wanna pester you evil....the "lighting god" needs a day off from time to time.... :D :D :D

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. It's when you buy something sight unseen and it turns out to be crap that you look a little foolish. You did just fine though.

It wasn't a stab directly at you though. I have seen numerous threads like this, and all I think when I see them is "WTF, are you asking for permission or approval?" It just seems like they buy whatever fixture comes up on the website first and it gets purchased without finding out anything about it.

You have been around here long enough to know better (about the fixture that is). It's just the new guys that seem to do this more often.

Thats enough of my rant. :)

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. It's when you buy something sight unseen and it turns out to be crap that you look a little foolish. You did just fine though.

It wasn't a stab directly at you though. I have seen numerous threads like this, and all I think when I see them is "WTF, are you asking for permission or approval?" It just seems like they buy whatever fixture comes up on the website first and it gets purchased without finding out anything about it.

You have been around here long enough to know better (about the fixture that is). It's just the new guys that seem to do this more often.

Thats enough of my rant. :)

amen bro....i ask a lot of questions for a reason....reefing is serious to me......it's one of the only things that keeps me sane and level so i want the best for what im doing (at a good price!!! lol) :D

I hear ya! Staring at my tanks after work is a great way to wind down from a hard days work. That and talking with you guys on the forum (which I seem to do a lot of at work. Hmm...).

ehhh....i dunno man...you can get great led's for like 20 bucks and timers for 8 bucks....i did the math and it wasn't worth it to me.....i just wanted that new reflector design...i hear it's super super bright

The current fixtures are great. I just got a 36" 2x39w fixture for my 29 gallon (in addition to a 2 bulb aqualight I already had) and it looks great. The current fixture is light, and the legs are pretty sturdy. Current also has excellent customer service.

Also, the new reflector design really works well. I would recommend all versions of this light. Whether the PRO version is worth the extra $100 is up to you... how deep is your tank? the pro has 6 bulbs so you would have more options as far as bulb selection to achieve that "perfect" color, then again you're going to spend a lot of $$ on bulbs, so keep that in mind. The stock current bulbs are superior to the coralife bulbs that came with my other fixture.

The extra $100 isn't worth it any more. It used to be, as the Pro used to have better reflectors, and the moonlights and timer were gravy. Now the Extremes have the SLR reflectors, it's a much better value. The only draw to the Pro is that it has two more bulbs which might prove usefull on the 40B you are trying to set up Blownpony.

hey just thought of something...i have my derasa up on the rock in the middle of my tank....you think ill have to move him once the new lights arrive?

Archived