Cultivated Reef

EcoSystems 28P

K-MAN

So after close to 6 years I'm looking to get back into the hobby. My Old tank was a 76g Oceanic Bowfront with 4 36" VHO's, Mad dog skimmer, wet/dry sump. I kept some LPS but no SPS. I'm now looking for a tank which I can care for both. I went to two local Saltwater reef shops [wouldn't necessarily call them LPS since they cater only to reefers] and saw the new Ecosystems MINI tanks, one I believe might have been 34g another was 28, niether has skimmers but both had built-in refugium's with stock lighting for the refuge and a pendant 150 MH. I went to Eco's website and they have a model that has a skimmer and refuge which I liked but I wasnt to sure about the stock skimmer. From the many many threads I have read on Nano-reef, I think I'd like to put a Vortech MP20, Tunze 9002, and for lighting something with 150MH and PC actinic. I like the blue that the PC MH combo provides. PLEASE!!! any suggestions or advice WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! So much has changed in the last 5 years.

:welcome: to nano-reef.com

I suggest a T5/MH combo over PCs. T5s are a lot better in terms of bulb options and basic lux (lumens per watt) than PCs.

Also, you might want to edit your signature to remove your phone number and email address to avoid unwanted spam.

Thanks for the input!

I just talked to a friend who is going to sell me a 250w sunpod so I think a 24g Aquapod is the way I'm going to go. Any more advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Archived