ReefCleaners.org

Pprwngs Solana

pprwngs

TriggerHappyDude

IMHO, I think you guys with the Current light fixtures could either use that Arm System or the legs on the tank, not sure the hanging looks as good, with these particular fixtures. I like the idea of hanging from the ceiling, and haven't seen someone actually hang a Nova Extreme Pro or SunPod yet, but I just dont know if it will look good, from what I can imagine. I could be way wrong. I'd have to see someone's pictures.

I do like this look a lot!

CU80027_99.jpg

Had I not gone with the ATI, this would be my choice.

IMHO, I think you guys with the Current light fixtures could either use that Arm System or the legs on the tank, not sure the hanging looks as good, with these particular fixtures. I like the idea of hanging from the ceiling, and haven't seen someone actually hang a Nova Extreme Pro or SunPod yet, but I just dont know if it will look good, from what I can imagine. I could be way wrong. I'd have to see someone's pictures.

I do like this look a lot!

CU80027_99.jpg

Had I not gone with the ATI, this would be my choice.

I do like that light mount... but I actully like using just the docking legs with my SunPod as it hides the fan and all the wires running over the back wall of my tank for the most part. Just MPO. I really like the lamp tree mount but it's close to $200 and you have to modify (drill new holes) in the SunPod for it to work properly.

The hanging arm is not close $200! At least not the one I was looking at from Current... On Marine Depot it is $74.99 and it is made for most of Currents light systems!

I plan to keep the light about the same height off the water maybe an inch or 2 higher. I just love seeing the tank rimless.

The hanging arm is not close $200! At least not the one I was looking at from Current... On Marine Depot it is $74.99 and it is made for most of Currents light systems!

I plan to keep the light about the same height off the water maybe an inch or 2 higher. I just love seeing the tank rimless.

He's talking about the Zero Edge Light Tree that is about 175.00... That would be my first choice as well, but I'm NOT dropping that much money on one!!!

SLB1Lrg_001.gif

There is a Solana W/ a Sunpod using the above fixture over on RC. IT looks amazing!!!

TriggerHappyDude

Yep thats the one I originally pictured, but it was a picture of the entire kit you can buy. Still not that Zero Edge modded one...this one is made for the Current USA stuff. Just like in my picture I posted!

Yea, I've seen the zero edge. And there is no way I would spend that much on a piece of metal that will hold my light.

Yea, I've seen the zero edge. And there is no way I would spend that much on a piece of metal that will hold my light.

Agreed!!! :lol:

• 5 months later...

Well, I started this tank back in in February and the last post I made to it was in March... I am really slacking off on this thread, but who really wanted to see a tank with just rocks(not much to update on). So here are a few quick pics of where it was to where it is...

From this...

Solana_FTS1.JPG100_0900.JPG100_1053.JPG100_1100.JPG

To this...

100_1779.JPG100_1770.JPG100_1773.JPG100_1775.JPG100_1772.JPG100_1776.JPG

And now here is a quick overview to show what has gone on since I started...

• 02/09 - live rock added cycle started
  • 02/09 - once cycle completed reef rock from reefcleaners.org added
  • 02/09 - live sand and cuc was also added
  • 04/09 - I moved and tank was pissed off(battle w/ cyano began)
  • 06/09 - over the last month sand was removed through weekly water changes(battle with cyano over)
  • 06/09 - banggai cardinal was added
  • 07/09 - low pH and high alk? i was not dosing for alk only calcium as needed
  • 07/09 - low pH and high alk corrected its self... not sure what was going on
  • 08/09 - corals added

I will be updating more often now that the boring stages of my tank are over. I hope y'all enjoy and thanks for looking.

• 5 months later...

Have you thought about upgrading the skimmer? I need to do that. I don't think my skimmer is even working at this point. How is your working?

Bruce

Are you talking about the "stock" skimmer? I sold that the moment I got my tank and picked up the Sapphire Aquatics skimmer. I want the Warner Marine HX2(think that is what it is called), but I think I am going to hold out and around the end of the year I want to start a custom build project.

It has been awhile since I updated this thread and I have added a few new additions.

• Perc Clown
  • Fire Shrimp
  • Sunny Sky Zoas
  • Xenia
  • Monti
  • and 2 other SPS I am unsure of names

New FTS-

20sxekp.jpg

SPS-

35kschv.jpg

2s8n3g0.jpg

Monti-

2uzbd40.jpg

I know it is not much, but I hope y'all enjoy. One day I hope to post updates more often.

Does anyone have tips on feeding corals? I feed a mix of Coral Frenzy, Zooplankton, and Marine Snow target fed 3 times per week along with a Mysis Shrimp feeding for my fish/shrimp and my nem and rics.

Archived