inTank Media Baskets

Aeridne's 10 Gallon

Aeridne

Pic Update:

I just fed the Australian elegance, so it's in the middle of chowin' down.

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Goby and shrimp, hangin out :D

IMG_0503.jpg

fts

IMG_0506.jpg

I know there's algae in on the back wall. I'm hoping to grow a few pods from it, otherwise i'd just wipe it away. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update:

So for the past few days my elegance coral has been seemingly unhappy, as it was very scrunched up. However it still ate and everything else in the tank is fine (Other than Vern, my randal shrimp mysteriously losing one of his main pincers)... anyway.. this morning I noticed that it was very happy for the first time in days! Good news! So just a moment ago, I looked at it again and I realized something............it's been splitting...... it now has two mouths :eek: definitely only had one to begin with .... So.. I suppose now I have two elegance corals! Though one small problem I can foresee, my tank is only ten gallons, and I already have a hammer coral too... not so sure I have the room for two LARGE elegance corals.. dun DUN DUUUUNNNNNNNN! :lol:

edit: I talked to my lfs who told me that when they reproduce, they're known to cap off and leave the bone, which can grow a completely new elegance coral.. SO I would end up with three!

Picture update:

Since last time i've added: a green slimer, a few new mushrooms, a new baby ric, german blue digi frag, and a hector's goby.

fts: you can see the new goby in the second fts, otherwise, he's camera shy. :ninja:

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

left side:

IMG_0521.jpg

right side:

IMG_0520.jpg

middle:

IMG_0522.jpg

new xenia and green slimer in the background:

IMG_0523.jpg

I'm hoping the gsp on the back wall will start to grow all over the glass, but I just stuck it there yesterday, so time will tell! :happy:

Great tank, your coral look amazing! One thing I would do would be to add a black background...that would make your colors pop out a whole lot more.

• 2 months later...

Actually, Nemo, I have the 12" dual PC light and the tank left from the 3 gallon pico project. I would sell it if you're still interested :P

Update:

I'll be upgrading to a 46 gallon bow. I'm making the light, (4xT5 fixture), and the sump/refugium/skimmer, and all the plumbing. Oh and my own saltwater for once :lol: Anyway, parts for the light are in transit to my house.. so still need to put it together. And I haven't started the sump/plumbing yet. HOWEVER, I did buy the tank haha. I'll probably have it all up and running in two-three weeks.

I'm thinking i'll cycle the 46 g with completely new saltwater and some LR, then add my CUC, then wait some more and finally add all the contents of my 10 g over after that. So.. the 10 g will be running until mid December at least...

But here are some pics freshly taken! My elegance coral is very mad at me and has been so for about a week and a half. I dosed the water with some trace elements stuff and also spot fed it some tiny zoo-food. Still mad. Though yesterday is was plump and starting to extend it's tentacles, and today, it's back to angry. :wacko: I'm keeping a close eye on it and hopefully it's just mad because I moved it closer to the light and off the sand (because my court jester goby was using it as a sand dumpster)

Oh, my glass is kind of dirty, sorry. And yes, the kenya trees have taken over... As far as the xenia, i'm not too worried, it's the pulsing kind, so at least it's very pretty in the current to watch, regardless if it takes over as well... :happy:

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

POed elegance

IMG_0589.jpg

Charlie, my ocellaris clown -he's getting a fully black and white clown buddy with the upgrade!!

IMG_0591.jpg

Fred the cleaner shrimp and Charlie (Ziggy, my court jester goby is very camera sky)

IMG_0592.jpg

thanks for looking!

I'm hoping the gsp on the back wall will start to grow all over the glass, but I just stuck it there yesterday, so time will tell!

dude that should be sweet! I've seen people do that with montis, but never gsp!

dude that should be sweet! I've seen people do that with montis, but never gsp!

Yeah, it wouldn't stay glued to the wall, but i'm going to try again in the 46 g.

thanks for the comments guys!

Archived