ReefCleaners.org

Recommendations for Trace Elements

Fsurocks99

I didn't have you on ignore but I do now.

Why or how you and a couple others are still moderators here let alone able to keep your member ship is a complete mystery to us all. ( If you think any different you are kidding your self )

You're a troll and a most of the time a complete azz hole. Your post above proves it beyond further explanation.

If "azz hole" or "troll" need to be put in easier to understand terms for you please just look in the mirror. You will see the explanations you seek starring back at you.

But hey ! Thanks for the link any way !

Now YOU kindly STFU !

( Whats that ? Thinking of banning me for my comments or deleting my response ? YUP that's a troll move too. other wise known as "can dish it out but cant take it ". You are a legend in your own mind little boy. )

Fsurocks99:

NO they haven't because they observe troll rules and extrapolate their own meanings out of the realm of normalcy from what ever they read so they can bash the rest who have actually tried things and had success through using them. Because every one knows every thing they read on the internet applies to all real life scenarios and all that.

Its nothing new. Simple playground troll rules is all.

What's that? No refute? I thought not. :rolleyes:

But if they have to use energy to produce them wouldn't that take away from growth? That sounds like the difference between survival and thriving, imo.

Thank you for the intelligent response, cliff. The amino acids are being produced by the coral as a necessary step to the end result, being growth. The coral has to produce them in order for growth to occur. Since the coral has the means of producing the amino acids internally, there is no need (or, likely, mechanism) for the the coral to absorb them from the water column.

Going back to Prop's earlier reasoning (if it doesn't work than why are my corals purdier?), I think the amino acids being added ot the water column are being utilized by other organisms that cannot replicate them on their own. Growth in those populations (which would likely not have occured without the introduction of amino acids) acts as food for corals, etc. The extra energy input by way of plankton and larvae is what may cause better growth and coloration, not the direct utilization of the amino acids by the coral itself.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for the intelligent response, cliff. The amino acids are being produced by the coral as a necessary step to the end result, being growth. The coral has to produce them in order for growth to occur. Since the coral has the means of producing the amino acids internally, there is no need (or, likely, mechanism) for the the coral to absorb them from the water column.

Going back to Prop's earlier reasoning (if it doesn't work than why are my corals purdier?), I think the amino acids being added ot the water column are being utilized by other organisms that cannot replicate them on their own. Growth in those populations (which would likely not have occured without the introduction of amino acids) acts as food for corals, etc. The extra energy input by way of plankton and larvae is what may cause better growth and coloration, not the direct utilization of the amino acids by the coral itself.

But if that's true, the end result is still "purdier coralz", right? :huh:

IDK, just started using some Warner stuff a few weeks ago because I won it in a raffle. yea, my coral look great, but they always looked great... maybe growing a little faster... but then again, I have been feeding a bit more and added a BM250 skimmer bout the same time

The Propagator
I never said Prop was wrong.

All that toast and no jam.

Don't you hate that ?

IDK, just started using some Warner stuff a few weeks ago because I won it in a raffle. yea, my coral look great, but they always looked great... maybe growing a little faster... but then again, I have been feeding a bit more and added a BM250 skimmer bout the same time

I bet you will after you have used them a little longer. I see the difference in its use the most in my frags honestly for the same reason your noticing now. Faster growth. But ........

Its different for every body. Ultimately the can only help when used correctly so why not right ?

bird's the word.

griffinpeter.jpg

The trolls come out at night.

All that toast and no jam.

Don't you hate that ?

Meh, your assertion that adding amino acids to the water column will increase coral growth and coloration was correct; your claim that the amino acids are directly utilized by the corals is false. Sure, it's the same ends, but an important distinction nonetheless. Basically, you were right, but you were also very wrong. ;)

It is also important to note that adding amino acids to a system not prepared to process them can do much more harm than good - I'm sure you'll agree with this, Prop. I don't think anyone should be blindly telling nooblets to go out and buy additives that may either help their tank or crash it. No, BK was right - water changes are that is needed for the vast majority of nano refers.

The Propagator

I never argued any other point then the results shown by users such as my self.

As well I have constantly stated " when used properly" or " when used as directed" with just about all my comments regarding their usage even though it is pretty damn hard to OD your tank using aquarium grade amino acids.

It amazes me how you guys hop on your soap box saying they serve no roll every time they are mentioned and site "proof" after "proof" in scientific data that supposedly supports your theory, yet in the end you always say " yeah your right, but your also wrong. It reaches the same goal but in different ways."

Well no sheet Shurlock.... But the results are there, they are real and they come directly from adding amino acids in to the water column. Which is all I said to begin with.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to say " yeah they work and this is how.." instead of verbally bashing people at will and making tacky remarks about their intelligence only to prove they were right in their assumptions in the 1st place ?

But hey man.... if it weren't for you sticking your stinky foot in your mouth yet again...... We would have never laid this puppy to rest. SO THANK YOU AND YOUR STINKY FOOT !

I never argued any other point then the results shown by users such as my self.

As well I have constantly stated " when used properly" or " when used as directed" with just about all my comments regarding their usage even though it is pretty damn hard to OD your tank using aquarium grade amino acids.

It amazes me how you guys hop on your soap box saying they serve no roll every time they are mentioned and site "proof" after "proof" in scientific data that supposedly supports your theory, yet in the end you always say " yeah your right, but your also wrong. It reaches the same goal but in different ways."

Well no sheet Shurlock.... But the results are there, they are real and they come directly from adding amino acids in to the water column. Which is all I said to begin with.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to say " yeah they work and this is how.." instead of verbally bashing people at will and making tacky remarks about their intelligence only to prove they were right in their assumptions in the 1st place ?

But hey man.... if it weren't for you sticking your stinky foot in your mouth yet again...... We would have never laid this puppy to rest. SO THANK YOU AND YOUR STINKY FOOT !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ok chiming in cause this made it to the lounge...

nitrogen is the building block of amino acids (amine group = nitrogen). so BK's paper makes sense. all organisms from bacteria to eucaryotes have metabolic pathways for synthesis of all amino acids. nitrogen uptake is generally the start of amino acid anabolism.

also, the problem with free amino acids is uptake - the molecular mechanism for capturing amino acids from the water column and transporting them into cells for use is unclear. might happen, might not.

Typical. You had no problem belittling BK and his reasoning (which was correct, lol), but when yours is brought into question, it's all of a sudden a big deal to point out that you're a dumb ass. :rolleyes:

The Propagator

I didn't do any such thing in any way close to the same thing. Read what I posted again.

Word travels fast in the land of trolls huh? ( the lounge )

The alarm must have sounded for back up when one of your own went crying

"help me, my argument is being shredded with proof from real world scenarios! I can't counter it with any thing so lets go bash them like we do in the lounge ! ...... OH NO ! He just tore our leader a new one ! Lets call out the minions so we look extra cool !"

Please.

Nerd drama isn't cool.

What a bunch of tools.

I'm closing the thread because the OP got his answer, but I'm sure it will feel like some sort of vindication for Prop. :rolleyes:

Archived