Top Shelf Aquatics

Mini nem splitting

Lalani

Oh dear.. I hope I put this in the correct forum, because I don't feel like Weets banninnating me again.... :scarry:

Hehe, but anyways, I noticed one of my mini nems split today and took pics.... I'm such a nerd, but thought it was cool... All in all, it took maybe an hour for the split to happen.

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I know, the algae is a disgrace. :(

It's only one little patch, but I've been too lazy to yank it out.. blah.

Night shot of the nem last night, pre-split:

IMG_2358.jpg

Other one:

IMG_2369.jpg

Yeah sorry, guess it didn't make sense without the comma, eh? :)

Actually, I completely didn't want one (like the whole Acan thing a few years back - fad corals ftl) but after seeing more of them I wouldn't be aversed to a few.

Honestly I've paid no attention to their care needs either. Lighting? Flow? I dunno. :huh:

Yup. :lol:

I was the same as you, didn't really see anything special about the minis, but decided to give them a try when I saw Weets had some for sell. As soon as I opened the bags and saw them, I fell in love though. They are downright adorable. :wub:

According to Weets and Daniel, they really don't have any needs at all. They'll do just fine in any type of lighting and will split regularly. If you feed them, they will split more quickly. Not sure about flow, but I have them in a low-medium flow spot right now and they seem happy.

According to Weets and Daniel, they really don't have any needs at all. They'll do just fine in any type of lighting and will split regularly. If you feed them, they will split more quickly. Not sure about flow, but I have them in a low-medium flow spot right now and they seem happy.

Well that settles it. Ship Monday, prs.

<<<<<<<<< says send to me

I already called dibs. :P

That's sweet.

Honestly, I was about to ask you if, in the future, you might frag that algae for me. I'm setting up seahorse tanks (already have one going) and that ferny-feathery-goodness would look HAWT turfing over some rock.

<<<<<<<<< says send to me

:D

Well that settles it. Ship Monday, prs.

I already called dibs. :P

Lol, actually dt called dibs way before you.. :unsure:

That's sweet.

Honestly, I was about to ask you if, in the future, you might frag that algae for me. I'm setting up seahorse tanks (already have one going) and that ferny-feathery-goodness would look HAWT turfing over some rock.

Lol, you want hair algae? It's yours! :lol:

Oh dear.. I hope I put this in the correct forum, because I don't feel like Weets banninnating me again.... :scarry:

Hehe, but anyways, I noticed one of my mini nems split today and took pics.... I'm such a nerd, but thought it was cool... All in all, it took maybe an hour for the split to happen.

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

It looks like they divorced. By the way, that is the neatest thing I have ever seen. So glad you captured it all for us to enjoy.

I am up to 5 of these bad boys...or girls? How the heck do you get them off the rock.Wifey wants some in her tank. Everytime we try. they suck themselves into a hole in the rock. Any advice?

THAT IS SO COOL

next time it happens make a time lapse

great photos

I am up to 5 of these bad boys...or girls? How the heck do you get them off the rock.Wifey wants some in her tank. Everytime we try. they suck themselves into a hole in the rock. Any advice?

You could try to coax them off with an Ice cube

or so I've heard

but I defer to those who know more

Hammer

FEED IT MORE, PRS

Will do, don't worries. :P

It looks like they divorced. By the way, that is the neatest thing I have ever seen. So glad you captured it all for us to enjoy.

No problemo, glad someone else is interested. :)

Except for that second photo.

Who needs focus anyway? :rolleyes:

:flower:

Pffft, top down shots are not my forte. :P

Uhhhh, I have no idea, lol. You can ask Weetie or dshnarw about mini nem behavior.... or ADIN. :P

B) cool shots Lani!

All mini's shipped must go through me first for, uhm, inspection.

I will then ship the other half...I mean......them ...on to the customer.

Kthnks

and I told you we can work on those top down shots. ;)

Archived