SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

i think your better off going with t5s or 2mh lamps.. its going to be tough to light a 3 foot long tank unless you raise that mh up some more... those fishneedit mh fixtures can be paired with the t5 lights, you could do the mh in the middle and then have 2 of the two bulb fixtures attached to it front and back to cover the length of the tank... that would look pretty bad ass

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about getting two of them but not sure how would look with just one pendant in center.and again i would have look into weight of them

i think your better off going with t5s or 2mh lamps.. its going to be tough to light a 3 foot long tank unless you raise that mh up some more... those fishneedit mh fixtures can be paired with the t5 lights, you could do the mh in the middle and then have 2 of the two bulb fixtures attached to it front and back to cover the length of the tank... that would look pretty bad ass

:rolleyes:

I'm with matty, that would look sweet! B)

K i look at it like i need moon lights anyways and for ones i would want would be about 60 bucks so for a bit more can get moonlights with t5s built in...........

if i go this route and it stinks you guys are gonna hear about it lol

FROM FISHNEEDIT.................When asked about reflector today and t5s?

Hi Jason

We are sorry

We knew this problem and we are trying to fix it. I think we will got the new reflector in June.Then we will send you the replacement. And the 3ft/2 bulb fixture will back in June

The weight of the 3ft/2 bulb fixture is 3.5 lbs . It is it be safe to hang two t5 lights on one pendant. Thank you

Fishneedit

K i cut my eggcrate top.I broke my glass one and thought i would give a try.I think only way will use this top is if go with t5s. i may get another glass one.I really just wanted to see how much light got blocked with this.I also got fans today to try and keep temps just a bit lower.

100_0958.jpg

100_0963.jpg

i love the look of it open but my yellow watchman likes to try and jump sometimes.And i think i wanna get another jumper or 2.Right now with the halide and my new fans the temps hold right at 78 all day.The little fan really helped out i think.Anyways i found a tek 4 bulb t5 setup on here that im now gonna give a shot so i will be trying another glass top.I hope the tek fixture works out lol.

So do you think should hang the tek fixture like i have the pendant now or use the legs that are coming with?

Added my first livestock.................. :scarry:

FOUND ME SOME DAMN FLATWORMS TODAY..........Tank is just about done with cycle and today i got home from work to find some yellow or orange with pink flatworms.I never had these before so bit mad.Whats best way to nuke these guys lol ?

gonna find some fw exit.On a + note atleast i dont have anything stocked yet besides a little cuc.Theres pretty many of them.Not sure where picked up the things.

Are there a lot of them? I had a flatworm out break a few months ago and the problem just kind of took care of itself. But my tank is too small to dose with that stuff and I hate six lines, so I didn't have much choice in the matter. You're probably better off dosing. Good luck with that!

Ok i used the little dropper thing and got about 20-30 of them out.Thats all i saw for now.Ill just keep doing this i guess till see no more.Maybe ill still dose to be safe

I saw your black egg create top. Have you thought about making a mesh top out of pond netting? I just did it to my 40BR and you can hardly notice it.

you got a pic?I dont like how much light the eggcrate blocks....

New pic of the tek light.Im thinking i may hang it way had the pendant but not sure....What you think ?hang or use the legs?

the bulbs are all Giesemann lamps. The combination is as follows 2 x Aqaublue Plus, 1 x Midday 6000K & 1 x Pure Actinic.I think im gonna remove the pure actinic and maybe one aquablue plus and put in 1 or 2 ati blue+s.

100_0979.jpg

started taking down the tank today as it became a flat worm heaven after just over 3 weeks.Im not sure what im gonna do now.Restart after kill all the pos flatworms with some fresh water or just give up on it..........Will see i guess.

dont give up man. ... but if you do can you ship me your tank? kidding.

i didnt read your whole thread but did you try interceptor to kill your flat worms?

Archived