Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bpkenn's BC 14

bpkenn

You will love the purigen and chemi pure elite, and I used them both at my 7 gallon tank, and only got a little bit of diatom aglea at the first month, and then it worn off, now my tank is 5 monthes and water is always crystle clean.

I will get my BC 14 next week shipped from nanotuner. I'm also gonna order MR from Stevie T.

But not sure about 5W underwater light, do you have experience on it? Is it good enough for chaeto growth?

How about sixline, I want it too. But not sure 14 gallon is big enough for it or not.

Tiki: I dont supplement anything currently, occaisionally i buffer the ph/alk.

The yuma was $40 from a guy named menard on reef central forums.

I enjoyed having the sixline, just wishing maybe i had the clowns in there first and they had established more dominance over the tank before i put the wrasse in. the wrasse was always active in the tank, great to look at.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tank! We're taking the same path it seems...I'm in the process of tearing down a 45 and setting up a BC14 very similarly and have a few questions:

1. I'm thinking about a Saphire reactor too (and already have a StevieT rack on order) Could you go over what is where in the back of your tank? Are you still using the reactor? Where did the heater end up?

2. I also have a Tunze ATO...loved it on my 45. Are you happy with it in the BC14?

3. Where did you get that topoff jug?

4. Anything you'd do differently a second time around?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
sapphire reactor is in chamber 1, media rack in chamber 2 w/floss , chemi pure, eventually some chaeto, and chamber 3 is return

Hi, Bpkenn, I am setting up the osmolator now, just wonder can I hung the rail between chamber 2 and 3?

I will use MR but not fish saver.

Did you ever find a happy range for your pots on the LEDs? I am finding that some of my corals seem to be losing their darker color from when I brought them home. Do you do anything special to acclimate your corals to the lights? And what % do you have on the RB and CW now?

• 4 weeks later...

they are really low, right at the poitn where if i turn the pot any lower, i will see visible degredation of the light.

btw, i have decided to break down my tank and sell everything :(

Made the decision due to the lack of time. I am going to be starting school full time, and working, combine that with my gf, family, and dog and theres no time left for the tank.

they are really low, right at the poitn where if i turn the pot any lower, i will see visible degredation of the light.

btw, i have decided to break down my tank and sell everything :(

Made the decision due to the lack of time. I am going to be starting school full time, and working, combine that with my gf, family, and dog and theres no time left for the tank.

Wow, getting rid of the tank. Well I am sure you'll be back after its all over. School is more important. Good luck!

Archived