inTank Media Baskets

Which tank to purchase?

smb010

Hello, I am new to Nano-Reef and could use some help. I am trying to decide which tank to buy for my first saltwater tank. I have read reviews on the Aquapod, Biocube and the Nano cube. I am trying to get everyone's preference on which is a better system to start with. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Welcome to N-R.com

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are, but I am narrowing down my choices. Hopefully by next week.

Of course Scotty loves his Aquapod + 150 Sunpod because Current pays him off

It depends on what you want. Get the best you can from the start and you will save money in the long run.

Or if your like me you get the NC24 and then upgrade the hell out of it and $1000 later you have a nice set up (upgrading powerheads, chiller, better lighting, ATO,skimmer).

If I had the option of the three you listed I would get the AP24 because it will get you at least a good light setup but still plan on spending money for upgrades. If I had a little more money I would get the Red Sea Max.

JBJ 28 Gallon Nano with 150 watt Metal Halides!

just so you know,l ordered aquapod 24 gallon from drs foster and smith and arrived broken 3 times!

best luck

Thanks for the suggestion. So what is the difference between a JBJ 28 gallon nano and a 24 gallon nano cube? Big difference in price, so I am assuming the JBJ is better.

Thanks for the suggestion. So what is the difference between a JBJ 28 gallon nano and a 24 gallon nano cube? Big difference in price, so I am assuming the JBJ is better.

You do know what happens when you assume, right? Main difference is the JBJ has the Metal Halide in the hood. The Aquapod/Sunpod combo, the Sunpod sits above the tank.

The JBJ also includes a protein skimmer but I hear it's not so hot.

Archived