inTank Media Baskets

TheStar's LED powered BC29

TheStar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about adding 1 or maybe a couple of the following corals. Anyone have any experience with these in the BC29 with LED lighting? How did it change your feeding/dosing?

Blue Stag SPS

Purple Bonsai

Strawberry Patch SPS

Pink Lemonade SPS

Pink Birdsnest

Pipe Organ Coral

Thinking about adding 1 or maybe a couple of the following corals. Anyone have any experience with these in the BC29 with LED lighting? How did it change your feeding/dosing?

Blue Stag SPS

Purple Bonsai

Strawberry Patch SPS

Pink Lemonade SPS

Pink Birdsnest

Pipe Organ Coral

Just got a pink birdset, so I don't know yet, but the tank looks good.

Just picked up a Monti and a Florida Ricordea...

Pics aren't great, but I still haven't figured out how to capture nice photos with the LED's...

CIMG0421.jpg

CIMG0427.jpg

CIMG0438.jpg

CIMG0443.jpg

CIMG0445.jpg

Couple more pics of the Xenia. This stuff is growing like crazy and attaching right to the glass. Anyone know what kind of magnets are good to use inside of a tank? I want to put some rocks up on the glass so I can take some frags out.

CIMG0541.jpg

CIMG0544.jpg

• 1 month later...

Did some fragging of the Toadstool Leather this weekend. Hopefully it works out okay. It was looking pretty good this morning.

First one is the New BC29.

CIMG0701.jpg

Before and after photos

CIMG0717.jpg

CIMG0736.jpg

CIMG0740.jpg

CIMG0752.jpg

CIMG0756.jpg

CIMG0761.jpg

Picture of the new setup. Haven't figured out what I will do for lights yet. Thinking either topless with Evil's Par 38 (2 or 3 of them) or the Nanotuner/Evil BC 5.6.

CIMG0846.jpg

RyanR1212

take a string and tie them down... it will work really well once its on and then give it like a week or two and you should be good

Cool, thank you. Would fishing string work? Do I want to put the string through the coral?

take a string and tie them down... it will work really well once its on and then give it like a week or two and you should be good
  • 1 month later...
streetsong

Wow, just looked through your entire thread. I enjoyed seeing how your tank has progressed. Any new pics?

• 1 month later...

Went away last weekend for the 4th of July and returned to a white cloudy mess of a tank. Dead Fish, Corals, etc. The smell was awful. A fuse in the house blew and even with a battery backup, 2 days was just too long without any air/circulation. The temperature dropped was to 70, but the tank was a complete mess.

After 4 water changes over the last week, it is looking better. I did lose 3 fish, about 80 percent of the Xenia colony, half of the Toadstool, and some of the Zoa's are still hiding away.

Things are looking better, hopefully the rest of the stuff continues to recover.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank has made a nice recovery.

Just noticed my Clowns acting peculiar. Looking at the tank, I noticed these... Can they be eggs?

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

Eggs are all still there. They have not changed colors much. The Male Clown is extremely protective of them. When I was snapping pictures, he was putting on quite a show -charging back and forth, etc. Not sure if I should remove the eggs them from this tank or not. Any input would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Some how I lost track of this tread, how's it going, and are the clowns still spawning?
Awesome tank! I hope I can get my new 29 to look as good as yours does.

How'd the clown spawn go?

Thank you. The clowns keep laying the eggs every few days or so and I haven't tried removing them at all. Haven't had time to set up a system for the babies.

Sweet set up bro

Thank you! Do you have a link to your setup?

Were these new clowns or the onyx you got from Christo, or did you lose those in the tank crash?

These were the original clowns I had. I have another BC29 set up just for the Christo clowns. Unfortunately that tank recently crashed and I lost the Christo Onyx clowns. Very Sad. I have one tank on a battery backup system but not this one. Lost power and when I got to it, almost everything was lost.

I'm giving that tank to my brother.

Haven't seen you around in a LONG time.How you been?

Good, nice to hear from you. How is your setup doing?

• 5 months later...

This thread needs some tlc man. Your tank looked healthy in it's glory days! I hope you get it back to health. I'll post pics for you when I have that groupers tank set up.

Its actually getting better. The Green Hair Algae was much worse a few weeks ago. I also added that new filter bag in this morning.

Hopefully I'll have some blue sponge for you in a couple weeks.

Its actually getting better. The Green Hair Algae was much worse a few weeks ago. I also added that new filter bag in this morning.

Hopefully I'll have some blue sponge for you in a couple weeks.

That's good news. Another thing you could do is throw some big turbos in there and then bring them back when they're done since you probably wouldn't want them long term.

Also the sponge would be awesome. I'm excited to get some. When I pick it up I'll definitely have to stock up at Jay's too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived