Innovative Marine Aquariums

TheStar's LED powered BC29

TheStar

Evil says the rest of the Group Buy is shipping today. Hopefully they will be here before the weekend.

YAH can't wait for you to get them and get the build done for some crazy reason. :D

Brad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The LED's are pretty much done they just need to be mounted into the hood. I should be doing that early next week. The intensity of the lights is just amazing. I really can't wait to see how the corals react to the new lights.

• 2 weeks later...
LivingStrong08

Mark,

Tanks looking good man! The GSP serioulsy looks groomed!!! :)

Hows the build?

U puttin a clam in anytime soon? I think one on the top would look dead sexy! lol!

Timmy G

Mark,

Tanks looking good man! The GSP serioulsy looks groomed!!! :)

Hows the build?

U puttin a clam in anytime soon? I think one on the top would look dead sexy! lol!

Timmy G

Thanks Timmy!

The build went great. The tank looks really really nice with the new lighting but I can't seem to capture it with the camera.

I have always planned on adding a clam and the LED's should provide more than enough lighting but I am going to hold off and let things grow out for a while. Everything has been growing and spreading around the tank so I kind of want to see how things play out. The Zoas and GSP have both spread onto the larger live rock.

I have some pictures. The tank does not look like blue this in person. It really looks fantastic. I am unsure of why the pictures are coming out this blue.

P8261547.jpg

P8261548.jpg

P8261549.jpg

P8261550.jpg

P8261551.jpg

P8261552.jpg

P8261553.jpg

P8261555.jpg

P8261560.jpg

• 1 month later...
Oh man.. I want LEDS!! BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

U added a freakin sweet touch to you tank my man!

Looks good! Makes me want LEDs

Thanks folks. If you have any questions on building something, I would be more than willing to help.

I really do love the LED's. The color and shimmer looks fantastic. The room my tanks are in has lots of sun after noontide every day so it also helps a great deal with the heat. Should help with the electric bill too, but I'm not sure how much on tanks this size.

The build (with Evil's help) went a lot smoother than I expected. Plus, now you can buy fixtures from Nanotuners.

• 2 months later...

I just removed my RIO Hyper Flow 6 6HF / HF6 to clean it and I accidentally dropped it on the floor. Now it still works, but it is vibrating and is extremely loud. Really unbearable. I took it apart and put it back together and still have the same problem.

I need to replace it, can anyone recommend a replacement pump? The RIO wasn't the quietest pump in the first place.

Which ones are you referring to?

i'd go eheim 1000 compact. pushes WAYYYY more than its stated 295. compared it to my old mj 1200 and it was probably double the flow if not more.

i'd go eheim 1000 compact. pushes WAYYYY more than its stated 295. compared it to my old mj 1200 and it was probably double the flow if not more.

Cool, thank you! They have it on Amazon for $43 including shipping.

Cool, thank you! They have it on Amazon for $43 including shipping.

The four orange corals that look like polyps, there is a snail next to them in one pic and your wrasse in another pic.

Those LEDs are sweet! The pop of the color of the GSPs are awesome!

Thank you! Need to get some new pics up, but I'm having a hard time capturing photos with the new lights.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if you were able to id that piece in the middle of your zoa colony. It looks to me to be majano aiptasia.

5002-please-id-hitch-hiker-9219majano.jpg

I hope its not. Great tank btw. The sponge is great and can filter so well.

I don't think its a majano. It's not spreading or moving anywhere.

I would really like to start taking photos again.

Anyone else having trouble capturing photos with the LED's?

Also, may be looking to upgrade my camera soon. Any recommendations? The one I have now is the Olympus Sytlus 770SW. Its the waterproof 7.1MP camera.

• 3 weeks later...

New Pictures (using my phone, still can't figure out how to capture the tank with the LED's and my camera)

The Xenia on the left of the tank is growing like crazy...

CIMG0290.jpg

CIMG0293.jpg

CIMG0294.jpg

CIMG0296.jpg

CIMG0309.jpg

CIMG0311.jpg

CIMG0316.jpg

CIMG0339.jpg

CIMG0341.jpg

Archived