SaltCritters.com

February 2009 - PodRod

Christopher Marks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done! I love the aquascape on coral placement. Congrats!

Thanks PodPimp - I spent a lot of time this go around making sure I maximized my aquascape so I could add more corals. That's where I see a lot of people going wrong. It's not how the rock initially looks in the tank, but how much surface area you have for corals and coral growth. You have to visualize what it will look like in the future.

^^^ That's a very good point. We worry so much about how our rockwork looks, and forget that, in the end, the goal is to pretty much cover all the rock with growing coral!

Wow, VERY impressive!

Thank you so much!

WOW! Congrats! It's been awhile since I had seen your tank and I'm speechless! Love it!

Thanks DailyDriven - right back at ya!

Very nice. I love your zoas, What kind are they? Great set on automatically to off.

Thanks NanoCube-boy. I have several different zoas, Green Bay Packers, El Diablo Monstras, Green Neon Radioactives, Jades, Neon Blues, Eagle Eyes, Blue Eyed Kiwis, Orange Bam Bams, Horizons, Rainbows, Eye of Ra, Yellow Jackets, AOGs, etc. I lost my beloved Tubbs Blues :( .

Amazing

Thanks Pablo - I appreciate your feedback.

Hey nice looking tank!!! One question what do you use the LED flashlight with red lens for???

I use the red lens at night when the lights are off. You can then see all the inverts and creepy crawlers without then seeing you. The red lens does not bother them like a regular lens would and they don't even know a light is on them. It's a must have if you want to explore what really happens in your tank when the lights go out.

I purchased the flashlight at target. It was only 19.99 and uses LEDs. It has seperate on/off buttons for the regular light and the red light - definitely a great find and one of my favorite tools.

optimussr20
I use the red lens at night when the lights are off. You can then see all the inverts and creepy crawlers without then seeing you. The red lens does not bother them like a regular lens would and they don't even know a light is on them. It's a must have if you want to explore what really happens in your tank when the lights go out.

I purchased the flashlight at target. It was only 19.99 and uses LEDs. It has seperate on/off buttons for the regular light and the red light - definitely a great find and one of my favorite tools.

Thanks for the info.... That is a must have!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Got any new pictures

any changes lately?

lovely set up congrats on your TOTM

keep us posted.

f.

She unfortunately had to take her tank down due to the health of her husband's mother and the possibility of moving out of the state :( She is local to me and luckily I was able to get my hands on some of her prize pieces when she was taking it down.

It was a sad day to go over there and see her tank in various stages of being sold.

• 5 weeks later...

hi i was thinking about upgrading to a sunpod for my 20 gal.I currently have T5 HO 24 inch fixture as of now i was wondering if anyone could give me and idea on which model to get? also how much heat do they put out? would i need a heater? congrats on TOTM by the way! ur tank is amazing!

Archived