Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

that bam bam colony was amazing!

Thank you, the last time I saw it was a few months back in my parents tank with about 200+ polyps.

What's up man?

Get this thing going again!

Hows it going brotha? Youre tank is looking great. The 5.5 was just too small, I had that thing packed with every zoa or paly I could get my hands on. I have a tank in the planning stage that I should have running in the next 6 months.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hows it going brotha? Youre tank is looking great. The 5.5 was just too small, I had that thing packed with every zoa or paly I could get my hands on. I have a tank in the planning stage that I should have running in the next 6 months.

Not bad man, how are ya?

Thanks, I don't have any recent pics of it up now, but its lookin good. I'm working on a 45 cube upgrade right now, its in the DIY forum if you wanna check it out.

What size tank you planning?

Mr. Microscope

Sorry to hear it's down. What would you say are the best things/lessons you've learned or advice you could give about keeping a pico reef?

Not bad man, how are ya?

Thanks, I don't have any recent pics of it up now, but its lookin good. I'm working on a 45 cube upgrade right now, its in the DIY forum if you wanna check it out.

What size tank you planning?

I'm doing pretty well (considering Im taking 5 summer classes so I can graduate next spring lol) but other than that Im good.

Ill check that out, a 45 cube will do well. Im planning on a 33 Long or a 48" X 20" X 18" for a custom frag tank. Something along those dimensions.

Sorry to hear it's down. What would you say are the best things/lessons you've learned or advice you could give about keeping a pico reef?

Thank you. Patience was the biggest factor I struggled with, If I saw a zoa or paly I liked I jumped on it. Also water changes in a pico are key to growth with the softies. I tried to do 10% weekly but with everything going on it went 2-3 weeks without a change. Everything would be at a standstill for that time and as soon as I did the water change everything would take off. The one thing I dislike about picos is the limited space and we cant keep fish or a couple shrimp. I had a green banded goby but it never really came out of the cave. To me this felt more of a frag tank and at that time it was my only display tank so I got somewhat bored with it. I literally ran out of room so not having space for more frags the excitement for the tank ran out.

We are D3, I believe they were NAIA about 10 years ago. I know we were in the 70's and 80's

I wouldnt be surprised if we go D2 in the next 5-7 years

cruzH20polo

I See,

The women's water polo team I coach at ucsc was invited to the NAIA championship tourney and cal lu was definitely there, but then again we weren't apart of the NAIA and we were there

Yea are girls are really good. I believe we won the D3 national championship this year. I know they playD1 schools, they played USC this year.

cruzH20polo

yea... back in ucsc had an NCAA D3 polo team, we played ucs, berkley, standford, pepperdine, long beach, Those were rough games but it was really cool to get to play against some of the best players in the us, usc had silver medalist last time we played em, and a lot of those kids play on the men's junior olympic teams

cruzH20polo

honestly its hard to keep track of what international players are playing for who, almost all of the D1 (except for stanford for the most part) teams bring in players from around the world, actually west valley JC, its in between san jose and santa cruz brings in a lot of international players that don't have the GPA to play for the D1 schools, until they get the grades to go. We scrimmage them from time to time those games were always good

Yea I understand that for sure, its like california juco system for football. I played with kids from florida, alabama, new york, ohio. Pretty much players from all over the country.

Archived