Cultivated Reef

GB: Ecotech Vortech MP40w and MP20

StanD

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All messages have been replied to.

eklikewhoa - sorry about the delay on your order. the vendor had to request drop shipment from the manufacturer since he ran out of battery backups. since he wasn't in control of the shipping, yours was delayed compared to those who only ordered pumps - he has plenty of those.

just a reminder that GB ends 2/28.

thx,

Stan

TriggerHappyDude

Ok, thanks David. This is the powerhead/pump I've been looking at and read the best reviews on.

From what I can tell the MP40 is good for future proofing yourself, as you can add another one and they will wirelessly sync up etc...but my Solana 34 gallon will be fine for now and a while with a MP20?

I'm thinking I'll get the MP20 and battery backup. Thats a solid investment?

TriggerHappyDude

Also, can we discuss what the major differences are in the MP20 and MP40 are here?

I know the 40 has a lot more flow, but what else besides the wireless sync stuff does it have over the 20?

All PMs replied to.

eklikewhoa - yep, 2 to 3 days max.

----------------------------------

If your order has been completed please take some time to enter feedback here

thx,

Stan

On a side note, I put the MP20w in my New Solana and have had cloudy water since. Is it possible that my filtration cant keep up with the stuff this thing is moving around in my tank? Or could just be my cycle.

TriggerHappyDude
On a side note, I put the MP20w in my New Solana and have had cloudy water since. Is it possible that my filtration cant keep up with the stuff this thing is moving around in my tank? Or could just be my cycle.

Did you adjust the flow on the MP20?

Archived