Cultivated Reef

10g tidepool tank

JIM27

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
mantisshrimp1234

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I managed to get a better picture of the prickleback a few days ago.

10g8.jpg

I used some seawater when I started the tank but not for waterchanges. Its a 2-3hour drive to the beach so I just mix it. I change 2 gallons every week or two.

About the equipment, I use a 1/5hp chiller with a mag 350, a regular screw-in pc for lighting, and an aquaclear hob filter.

Where did you collect those animals from? California? Did you collect them? Which tidepools did you collect them from? I want to set up one. Which online store did you get it if it is not from the tidepools? :I

LarryMoeCurly

Where did you collect those animals from? California? Did you collect them? Which tidepools did you collect them from? I want to set up one. Which online store did you get it if it is not from the tidepools? :I

He hasn't been online in 6 months so you may not get a response; perhaps someone will pop in with some asnwers to your questions though.

I looked at his profile and in one of his past posts he said he was in California. As he mentioned in the first post, all of them were collected from the same beach. He didn't say where, though, sorry. Still, they are all pretty common; if you live in California you could probably find them at any beach with tidepools.

AquaticEngineer

Just be careful of where and what you collect if you are in California. Read and know the regulations and carry them with you like a bible :D

• 4 years later...
On 5/31/2018 at 9:30 PM, 1891Bro said:

Lol. 

I thought the little anemone in the back was a sea urchin.

Edited by hoodle
I couldn't see