inTank Media Baskets

Mutant paly? zoa?

stardrop

Bought a little zoa frag for the color and when I got home, there's a weird one right in the middle of the bunch.

Any ideas as to what kind/type this could be?

paly.jpg

Bought a little zoa frag for the color and when I got home, there's a weird one right in the middle of the bunch.

Any ideas as to what kind/type this could be?

paly.jpg

Woah.

Oh the teeth thing just sent me over the edge. LOL

I have some of those zoas. They have beautiful color in actinics and full light. Then again, mine doesn't have a small alien in it. omgomgomg

OMG awesome!

I'm almost certain that its a fungia, or a plate coral. Just a very very tiny one.

im gonna agree with you because i know fungia grow on a stem until they get to a certain size and the stem breaks and they spend the rest of there lives crawling around like a child on the floor of your tank

dahliaheartsyou
+1 to BK, looks like a fungia (plate coral). Touch it and see if it has a skeletal body or if it's all fleshy.

+2 to BK

my fungia has pretty much the EXACT same colorings also, with that orange ring and all...

awesome find!!!!

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Thanks everyone for the id'ing. It was a $10 frag...so guess I got my money's worth!

SHould I move it closer to the lights or is it a filter feeder?

TheUnfocusedOne

they eat like lil fiends if you feed em

my plate is under the frogspawn my clowns live in so all the food they don't eat gets gobbled up by the plate

usually i see them on the bottom of tanks with a MH on it so it should be fine where it is

that is as scary as it is awesome... i stare at my tank endlessly with just the cuc, with that in there i would forget the world nice find haha teeth :owned:

that is awesome but i also agree with the plate coral good luck with it but it also may be an alien pretending to be a plate coral take everything in your whole tank and send it to a weird planet but lets hope its a plate

Yeah looks like a baby plate coral. They do need to be fed so feed it. They get mobile as they get older so it will probably move off the zoa colony eventually.

Archived