Pod Your Reef

DHaut's DIY Custom Build! NEW STAND PICS!

Deleted User 6

airman_verde04

REALLY!!! haha.. this tank build is sick! have you even got it running!! haha... I'm beyond impressed, how did I ever miss this one.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love how its encased in the stand- like a window into the sea! your water test made me laugh- I have a similar technique, living in brooklyn too, although unfortionately for larger tanks I just get them as close to the tub as I can, so that if they leak I can bail the water out quickly lol.

• 1 month later...
Deleted User 6

Nah, no recent pics. In fact, this tank has been broken down and sold off. I moved everything into a 40b. I liked the rock wall - the whole setup just became too complicated to maintain and I had left little room to make any additions or improvements.

i know i am late to the game on this thread...

i never saw it mentioned what type of glue was used to adhere the sand to your foam wall. however, you spoke of "in tank super glue gel" in another thread. is this the product you utilized? if not, what was used. thanks in advance.

Deleted User 6

When I had finished the foam wall I applied loctite 5 min. epoxy to the foam, then covered it in sand before it dried. I think the process is somewhere back in the first few pages.

Archived