Cultivated Reef

Bobalouy's 20L

Bobalouy

Well its probably been over a year since I posted any pics of my tank. I really lost the motivation, I was doing water changes every once in a while and that was about it. It became overrun by cyano, and lost a lot of corals. So I am trying to get motivated again, during a tank move I removed all the sand. And I have been doing weekly 10 gallon water changes. The last of the hair algae seems to be dieing off and things are starting to look good again. I am hoping that starting a thread will help keep me going.

I haven't messed around with any aquascaping yet.

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

Livestock:

3 Astrea snails.

Surviving Corals

Orange Ricordia

Red Mushrooms

Green Button Polyps

Some random Zoos

Welcome back. What are the dimensions of a 20L?

I can answer that one since I just set up a 20L myself.

Dims are 30" long, 12" wide, 10" high.

I have to say, I really love the footprint on a 20L.

Bobalouy, I can totally relate to where you're at right now. I spent most of 2008 fighting lots of discouraging issues with the tank I had which was a 16g custom AIO. Like you, I had LOTS of algae issues as well as other problems, and basically just not enough time or $$ to get it turned around.

Also like you, I just moved everything into a 20L to try to get a fresh start. I REALLY like the 20L much better than my old tank.

I have a 4x24w T5HO fixture (which I LOVE), a Nano-Remora skimmer on one end of the tank, a K1 near the top on the other end, and a no-name PH similar to a MJ400 or 600 blowing across the bottom in back of the tank.

The water flow seems perfect so far, the light is great, and while I've hit a few minor bumps I am really excited and hopeful about making this tank into something special.

LMK if I can help you out with any suggestions or pep talks. :)

Btw, I like the look of your LR and those Red Mushrooms.

Thanks guys!

Here are some pics of the yumas, they are orange/blue/green

yuma_o.jpg

yuma_o_c.jpg

nightyuma_1jpg.jpg

They drop babies like crazy, I am going to start fraging them out to pay for some new livestock.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived