Innovative Marine Aquariums

Uhhhhhh - you have to see this.

Bonsai

Dude, seriously. Look at what's going on in the picture:

There is a pronounced bokeh in the bottom close-up photo *with the exception of the tank*. The depth-of-field is very, very narrow in that picture -- meaning that you would expect the rear of the tank to be slightly out of focus along with the blue sump-thing off to the side. However, there is zero dimensionality in the tank -- everything is equally in focus with no bokeh, the tank is totally flat. This is what gives it away that it's two photos that have been composited together.

Really, I'll believe this tank is real when I see video. Should this guy prove that it's not a fake I will happily eat crow and worship his skillz -- but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm not arguing whether it's real or not. I honestly don't know, but as you can see from the pics of a REAL 5g sps tank above, it is definitely possible. I would like to see you simply superimpose a known large reef into a small pico the way you have described and then we can compare the two. I think his work will be far superior to yours, either because his tank is real or because he spent a lot more time photoshopping than you give him credit for.

UHURU. ur tank is soo sick

that 5g SPS above is not mine. I believe it crashed. BTW it was connected to a larger system.

this

2835347329_d1cbe935e2_o.jpg

compared to:

sps_pico_01.jpg

and this

2835343815_670817c048_o.jpg

compared to:

sps_pico_04.jpg

i still say it is shopped. the tang and firefish just really do not look right in those pics. if it isn't shopped, then :bowdown:

Well, after six pages of arguments, name calling, and some serious stubborness we have reached a conclusion. Either he has one of the best nano or pico tanks ever seen here or he is one of the best photo- shoppers ever seen here. Regardless of everyone's bickering, the guy is REALLY good at something.

I believe it all until I looked at picture 3...take a look at the mangrove with two thin stalks...now look at photo 2 ....he FORGOT to add in the mangrove plant in the planter ! Oh yeah and the wall is suddenly way thinner.

Edited by miniwhinny
supreme_spork
I believe it all until I looked at picture 3...take a look at the mangrove with two thin stalks...now look at photo 2 ....he FORGOT to add in the mangrove plant in the planter ! Oh yeah and the wall is suddenly way thinner.

HEE, you're right!

Also note that he forgot to erase the fake overlay so the plumbing would show in the tank -- in this picture it just magically disappears at the water line in the upper right hand side along with half of the blue thing -- whoops!

2835343815_670817c048_o.jpg

Edited by supreme_spork
supreme_spork
My vote remains that this thing is real ... but, just to be sure, someone call and ask to speak with this person:

askthispersonxf4.jpg

I think that's a good idea. :D

It might be real, but there's no question that this picture has been altered -- the mistakes in the upper right-hand side are a dead giveaway.

My vote remains that this thing is real ... but, just to be sure, someone call and ask to speak with this person:

LMAO I called and he said "Mushi Mushi" not sure what that means.

LMAO I called and he said "Mushi Mushi" not sure what that means.

That's how the Japanese answer the phone.

Edit: It's moshi moshi, means "hello" (only on the telephone)

Edited by Scott Riemer
You can see part of it just to the right of where you think it should be... It's at an angle so it's skewed...

I could be wrong!

^^correct. could just be the angle, or could just be fake. I'm gonna vote that it's real, and he puts a lot of work into trimming that macro every few days. Looks like a major PITA and if I was to photoshop in a reef I would use a better one, to be honest.

HIS TANK THREAD

Translated from Portuguese to English:

Page One

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

Page Two

Page Three

... and yes, it sounds like they were giving him a hard time about the Tang :) But for all intents and purposes, it's real.

A pic of the whole setup:

spec01.JPG