Cultivated Reef

Uhhhhhh - you have to see this.

Bonsai

That is one amazing tank, although I do agree the tang looks to one-dimensional to look real. Maybe I'm wrong though? :unsure:

Tang doesn't have shadow in first picture...but who knows?

True true. Didn't look closely. Still, that must be a TINY firefish and a TINIER blue tang.

I saw a 1.5" blue tang like that today at the lfs. It's most likely just a juvenile. That's just my $0.02000001 though (<---every little bit counts in this economy ;) )

EDIT: when you blow the pics up, it does look like there were retouched with some kind of editing software. Maybe not to the point of the tang being photoshopped in, but definitely screwed with.

Edited by bredler

I found the guy's website: http://marcelo.jp

On his website, it says:

"Em 1999 monta um nano reef para criar corais e peixes marinhos para pesquisa e referências."

Which, translated, means:

"In 1999 reef mounts a nano to create marine chorales and fish for research and references."

So it looks like this reef is a reference from his work. Could it possibly be 10 years old?

i like the look of mangroves growing out of a HOB, or something like it like here. I have mine on that back of my 72, , but if I had a tank that was viewable from both sides that is a great way to do it, you would only see that piece of wall anyway. Thanks for sharing the tank! Some good design ideas. Not sure on the stocking, but...

MacheteAvenue

looks like its probably plumbed into a larger system..

2835347329_d1cbe935e2_o.jpg

and i want thoughs lights, they look like the LED bulbs you can get to replace halogen

How is that light enough for those acros? Fake...

Why would someone fake this? This isn't a photoset that someone was publicizing ... I was just searching for reefs on Flickr and came across it, so I posted it here.

I agree, it boggles my mind how that lighting is enough for that SPS ... but something has to be working correctly here. His tank looks amazing.

Why would someone fake this? This isn't a photoset that someone was publicizing ... I was just searching for reefs on Flickr and came across it, so I posted it here.

I agree, it boggles my mind how that lighting is enough for that SPS ... but something has to be working correctly here. His tank looks amazing.

I mean it just looks wierd. All the fish are out of porption for the tank size. Just looks wierd...Sweet but wierd...

The firefish will not last long in an open top tank. I like the little gobies. I feel bad there is a blue tang, though.

Edited by lakshwadeep
How is that light enough for those acros? Fake...

if the tank truly is that small that could actually be a lot of light... it's just a different style that we don't see in this country (unfortunately).

but in Japan those spotlights are more common in reef tanks:

tank03.jpg

and one from this country:

fts-11081.jpg

After viewing the rest of the pics in his account I am not so sure. The tang is definately a juvi as you can tell in the closeups. The firefish looks a little out of proportion and although I still think the tang looks small (like thumbnail size) I won't pass judgement yet.

If it is real, the tank looks as it's doing well and all inhabitants seem like they would be ok in the tank for the mean time with the exception of the tank which is probably fine for a few weeks to months.