Cultivated Reef

Uhhhhhh - you have to see this.

Bonsai

reefman225gal
Where do you get palys that big?

Those must be, what? Like 8" across?

shopped, IMO

I don't know BK It seems to me to me that its just a juvenile hippo next to some Protopalythoa grandis, this species polyps can reach up to 2'' in diameter.
How do you know it's only 6.6 gal? It looks a lot bigger than that.

That also has to be the smallest tang I have ever seen as well. In 6 months it will eat the whole kitchen.

its at least 10 cause that tang looks to be about 2 inches

TheKingInYellow

Okay, a quick video of that tang in that tank would totally settle this. Bonsai, get back in touch with your Flickr buddy and get him to do so.

I will be the first to eat a live crow on Youtube if he does this*.

*Offer not really valid since I'm a vegetarian.

reefman225gal
I think it's just sarcasm on the no tangs exist under 2" If it's not you guys are retarded.

Ok... :lol: I found what you were talking about on page 13.....lol I haven't read the thread in awhile.

i think seedemtails is photoshopped

whoever did it must suck at photoshop

unlike the guy who photoshopped this tank. dude's got mad skills.

• 7 months later...
realbryanrule

I'm new and this thread is not but after wasting 30min reading the whole thing I want to add something so the next chap who reads this will have to waste more time than i did.

I really hope the debate over the tang size is a joke, if not you people who think a tang cannot be that small need to get out more and the next time I get some in I will post a video of them in all their near transparency! True they usually die unless they are placed into a very small reef setup so they can safley grow, hmmm what are the chances??

For my second point, I cannot believe people spent more time arguing over the existence of this system as shown rather than putting that energy into finding us some of those freakin' lights, we know they are real who cares about power usage, really, like we cant get evil66 to solve that for us, really people let's keep talking about if the guy knows Japanese or if Portuguese is an acceptable additional language for another human because that is amazingly relevant to us getting SOME OF THOSE FREAKIN' LIGHTS!!!!!

And to close with my third point, I would like to acquire some of those lights.

I'm a Dork Fish
Pretty creative setup. Must be doing something right judging how clean and colorful the tank is.

Kindof thinking the same thing... this AINT right. I find it hard to believe that he is getting those colors with those lights. NO WAY!!!! He/she would have to prove me wrong. FAKE!!!!!

Edited by I'm a Dork Fish

If you guys click over to his Flickr page, you will see that about a month after I started this thread, there was apparently an "Accident" with the reef.

There are three sets of photos on his Flickr. A "Setup" set, a "Before" set, and an "Accident" set.

Tank is real.....She is emailing me her equipment list of what she has...

I'm new and this thread is not but after wasting 30min reading the whole thing I want to add something so the next chap who reads this will have to waste more time than i did.

I really hope the debate over the tang size is a joke, if not you people who think a tang cannot be that small need to get out more and the next time I get some in I will post a video of them in all their near transparency! True they usually die unless they are placed into a very small reef setup so they can safley grow, hmmm what are the chances??

For my second point, I cannot believe people spent more time arguing over the existence of this system as shown rather than putting that energy into finding us some of those freakin' lights, we know they are real who cares about power usage, really, like we cant get evil66 to solve that for us, really people let's keep talking about if the guy knows Japanese or if Portuguese is an acceptable additional language for another human because that is amazingly relevant to us getting SOME OF THOSE FREAKIN' LIGHTS!!!!!

And to close with my third point, I would like to acquire some of those lights.

. Lighting is provided by four 24w self-ballasted Japanese Spotlights. Once again, these are not available due to legal issues. Marcello conveniently resides in Japan, hence their use...DUE TO PATENT ISSUES

• 9 years later...

10 years later im gonna reply for this one 🙂 . this tank inspired me a lot. that push me to find more about the owner .  i have tried more than 4 years to get a answer from him.

this was his reply .

Olá Chatura, muito obrigado pela mensagem.
O meu aquário foi desmontando em 2011, e hoje não tenho mais aquário.
Vou te passar as informações que lembro, da última configuração do aquário que mostrou o melhor desempenho (alguns dados podem estar incorretos, mas é bastante próximo):
Sistema: 25L principal + vários tanques intermediários (refúgios 5L + 10L, Sump 15L)
Nada de substrato, somente rochas vivas.
Iluminação: 6 Metal Halides Spot Light, 24W, 10.000K, e alguns Blue LEDs pra enfeitar. Timer para ligar e desligar todo dia automaticamente, com duração de 12H ligado, eu acho.
Circulação: Dois Rio 180 com timers, cada um liga e desliga a cada um minuto.
Retorno do sump: Rio 1200 eu acho,
Chiller e aquecedor: Temperatura entre 25 e 27 graus.
Reposição de água evaporada: Kalkwasser. Repositor automático simples com sensor de nível DIY + garrafa PET + balde + Rio 50, etc.
Parâmetros da água: Salinidade em 35. O resto não sei ou não lembro, praticamente não fazia testes (Amônia, Nitrito, Nitrato, Fosfato, PH, etc)
Produtos químicos: Não usava.
Nada de filtros, skimmers e etc.
Troca de água: acho que 7L ou 8L por semana. Acho que usava Sal Tetra Marine Pro.
Conclusão, no caso do meu aquário, depois de estabilizado, só era preciso trocar uma parte da água toda semana e o resto ficava largado no automático.
Uma vez por mês tinha o trabalho de podar alguns galhos de acroporas que cresciam, pois o aquário era bem pequeno.

Espero ter ajudado!

Translation 

Hello Chatura, thank you very much for the message.
My aquarium was dismantling in 2011, and today I have no aquarium anymore.
I'll give you the information I remember, the last configuration of the aquarium that showed the best performance (some data may be incorrect, but it's quite close):
System: 25L main + several intermediate tanks (refuges 5L + 10L, Sump 15L)
No substrate, only living rocks.
Lighting: 6 Metal Halides Spot Light, 24W, 10,000K, and some Blue LEDs to adorn. Timer to turn on and off every day automatically, lasting 12H connected, I think.
Circulation: Two River 180 with timers, each on and off every minute.
Return of the sump: Rio 1200 I think,
Chiller and heater: Temperature between 25 and 27 degrees.
Replacement of evaporated water: Kalkwasser. Simple automatic repository with DIY level sensor + PET bottle + bucket + Rio 50, etc.
Parameters of water: Salinity in 35. The rest do not know or remember, practically did not test (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate, PH, etc.)
Chemicals: Not used.
No filters, skimmers and so on.
Water change: think 7L or 8L per week. I think he used Sal Tetra Marine Pro.
Conclusion, in the case of my aquarium, after stabilizing, it was only necessary to change part of the water every week and the rest was left in the automatic.
Once a month he had the job of pruning some branches of acropora that grew, because the aquarium was very small.

Hope this helps!

Im professional designer and i know whats possible with photoshop with whats not.this is 100% real reef tank. i feel so sad this tank ddnt won nanoreef.com featured tank.

i personally believe this tank deserve featured tank after 10 years later . i think this is world best nano reef tank ever. hats off for the creator of this master pice . Marcello Kato 

4094729011_bfb4dacd78_b.jpg

• Like 2