Coral Vue Hydros

My Aquapod 12

Clavius85

I decided to try to copy some plans I saw here for a mini-fuge light in the rear of my Aquapod. It turned out fairly nice and allows quite a bit of light for the chaeto to grow (hopefully). I have it on a reverse photo-period from my main lights.

DSCF1203.jpg?t=1245548578

DSCF1204.jpg?t=1245548593

DSCF1206.jpg?t=1245548625

DSCF1207.jpg?t=1245548637

DSCF1208.jpg?t=1245548651

DSCF1209.jpg?t=1245548666

And my new yellow clown goby:

DSCF1213.jpg?t=1245548697

DSCF1201.jpg?t=1245548935

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanks looking gorgeous! In all honesty. Although it is purely up to you. What I would do with that tank, is chisel the main rock pieces into smaller pieces that cascade forward, and buy more rock to do the same. It has a very nice effect and it also creates a lot of real estate!

Happy Reefing!

Tanks looking gorgeous! In all honesty. Although it is purely up to you. What I would do with that tank, is chisel the main rock pieces into smaller pieces that cascade forward, and buy more rock to do the same. It has a very nice effect and it also creates a lot of real estate!

Happy Reefing!

Thanks! I've thought about getting some more rock and re-doing the aquascape. But eventually I'm going to get a 29g Biocube to replace the AP. This tank is my first one and it has been a big learning experience. I plan on doing the next one right! :lol:

Glad to hear it buddy! A reef tank is a never ending fountain of knowledge. Analyze everything you have done/are going to do. I can't tell you how much I have learned from my reef tank. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my little tank is now 5 months old! Despite losing the Yellow Clown Goby everything is going perfectly. I still can't believe that I'm not having any major problems and that this tank, my first, just keeps on going smoothly. The coralline algae has really taken over the rocks. Here's the latest FTS and shots of both the GSP rock and my Kenya Tree. Both have been growing consistently. My Zoas aren't growing quite as fast, though. I was hoping they would quickly cover the rock I attached them to and I would have a little Zoa garden. But I guess they're just slow growers?

I also shot a video today of me feeding the tank, check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hyZctd7tLs

FTS:

DSCF1256.jpg?t=1248245877

GSP:

DSCF1259.jpg?t=1248246170

Kenya Tree:

DSCF1260.jpg?t=1248246192

Thanks for looking!

I can't see your pics.

You can't see any of them at all or just the ones from the most recent post? They're hosted on Photobucket like everyone else's. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up a small cleaner shrimp today. Here are some pics. You can see my Peppermint in the background checking out the new guy.

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I got my hands on some more corals! I bought two ricordeas from SeaLifeInc.net and received a third one free. Two are purple/green fluorescent and one is blue (but is still coloring up from shipping I think).

IMG_1198.jpg

Also got some more Zoa's, and frags of Green Nepthea and a Leather coral.

IMG_1191.jpg

And a crappy FTS:

IMG_1204.jpg

Archived