inTank Media Baskets

coralcor's RSM with new tunze and in tank stuff! new fish soon i hope

coralcor

I just use Vinegar,3 ml per aptasia with a needle equipped seringe...But for the big ones you surely need something like Red Sea's Aptasia ex.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just killed a few more aptasia i found and whill i was doing it jumbo, my cleener shrimp came over and started cleening my hand! it was so cool he rocks. o and i found a few more small brittle stars there pritty cool to not as cool as jumbo but.

ill post pics once i get some good ones.

here are the pics i promised

my xenia is getting bigger

1-25-09.jpg

new FTS

DSC_0054.jpg

jumbo cleening my hand. omg it feels so wered.

DSC_0070.jpg

more pics when i take em

do i need to feed the cleener i diddnt think i needed to but i was reading a thread and they said they fed there shrimp fish flakes... i have plenty of algea but just wonderin.

if i do can i feed it pelit food thats what im going to feed my fish(i think)

do i need to feed the cleener i diddnt think i needed to but i was reading a thread and they said they fed there shrimp fish flakes... i have plenty of algea but just wonderin.

if i do can i feed it pelit food thats what im going to feed my fish(i think)

bump.....

yes, you need to feed the shrimp if you have no fish. After you stock with fish then it will eat the same food, whatever makes it to the sand bed. Mine will eat right out of my fingers, he is a pig and a bully for food.

yes, you need to feed the shrimp if you have no fish. After you stock with fish then it will eat the same food, whatever makes it to the sand bed. Mine will eat right out of my fingers, he is a pig and a bully for food.

ill have to pick sumin up the one time i beleave the fish store there rong.... i gess they thought i had fish so..........

stevie do you recomend any food and should i feed it every day or every other day?

Feed your tank every other day tops. Make sure the food is gone within a few minutes. Turn your filtration pumps off when you feed.

I love rods food. www.rodsfood.com

There are so many different kinds and it really depends on your stocking. For a shimp it will eat anything meaty, mysis or other. Do not feed brine shrimp. It may even eat flakes, my pep. shimp loves it all.

I feed my fish and shrimp every other day. I know what you mean when you say the shrimp attacking your arm lol is wierd mine goes crazy on my arm when im glueing corals its hard to hold them in place with that little bugger attacking me :lol:

they are just cleaning whatever is new in their environment.

My stupid shrimp gets stuck to newly glued corals. He gets his arms into the fresh super glue gel, so now I have to keep him away until it cures.

they are just cleaning whatever is new in their environment.

My stupid shrimp gets stuck to newly glued corals. He gets his arms into the fresh super glue gel, so now I have to keep him away until it cures.

lol there so cool they cleen and it dosent hert like you think it would... mine stays in his cave till my arm goes in.... its weared.

There are so many different kinds and it really depends on your stocking. For a shimp it will eat anything meaty, mysis or other. Do not feed brine shrimp. It may even eat flakes, my pep. shimp loves it all.

StevieT - why not feed brine shrimp?

i when out and go food today and i got HBH super soft krill. they didnt have the formula one peleits liek i wanted

StevieT - why not feed brine shrimp?

i think it is because theres not much of an energy sorce in them.... but dont hold me on that

i also learned today that i dont like the tast of krill. it was on my hands and i picked sumin up to eat... nasty

ok well last night my skimmer broke last page i think and im too broke to get the tunze so ReefKing is giving me his old skimmer (thank god cuz a new one is 60$ + shipping....

Why did it broke down?Even though the rsm skimmers are not good skimmers they should not break down like that one,when you are not longer broke try and get the Tunze 9002 with the media rack from Steve.

Why did it broke down?Even though the rsm skimmers are not good skimmers they should not break down like that one,when you are not longer broke try and get the Tunze 9002 with the media rack from Steve.

it broke becaouse apeice chipped off. idk how. im still messin with it. but once i rely figure out what broke/how. ill tell you

hey can some one take there skimmer pump apart like they were going to cleen it so i can see what it looks like

i just found more aptasia damnit startin to reely piss me off....

I was going to say.....I tried Aiptasia X also, thought it worked great. Then one week later they all returned.

Peppermint shrimp cleaned them ALL in ONE night.

Hit and miss, true. I have read this before. But they also cleaned my prop tank that had a few.

Good luck coralcor, hit 'em with the X again. Many folks have had good luck with it.

I was going to say.....I tried Aiptasia X also, thought it worked great. Then one week later they all returned.

Peppermint shrimp cleaned them ALL in ONE night.

Hit and miss, true. I have read this before. But they also cleaned my prop tank that had a few.

Good luck coralcor, hit 'em with the X again. Many folks have had good luck with it.

its not pissin me off the killing them part the part that is ####### me off is that i drip on the glass gota cleen the needel thing and all that other crap after i kill em and its pissin me off lol

its not pissin me off the killing them part the part that is ####### me off is that i drip on the glass gota cleen the needel thing and all that other crap after i kill em and its pissin me off lol

Yea, gotta be careful with that stuff.

You got hooked up with another skimmer huh?

Then I guess its cool that I snagged that Tunze then?? B)

:ninja:

Yea, gotta be careful with that stuff.

You got hooked up with another skimmer huh?

Then I guess its cool that I snagged that Tunze then?? B)

:ninja:

you did what with the who?!

Archived