SaltCritters.com

40 GALLON BREEDER w/ the new Solana 34 gallon Mantis Shrimp tank

RLC

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OOOOH PS I got a Cleaner Wrasse! He's all of an inch and doing great he eats FROZEN! Awesome little tikester but dang it hurts when he bites my arm. Got him at ATR yesterday along with a Marine Betta cuz the Dwarf Lion jumped Sunday night sadly turned into fish jerky.

Soory to hear about the Lion. That is to bad. Did you pay $100 for the Marine Betta?

I think the Halloween Urchin chomped on the Zoas you gave me or it set them free from the rock :o .

Well since I am stuck at my desk today I have gone picture crazy. So here is some more.

Scooter

DSC03745.jpg

Here is the Green Clown checking in

DSC03769.jpg

DSC03770.jpg

and the Orange Clown

DSC03871.jpg

DSC03874.jpg

Now for the last of the pictures.....until I take more tonight. :o

DSC03763.jpg

DSC03802.jpg

*Jeapordy music plays in background*

Pitures? Pitures? PITURES?

Well Amanda actually paid a little less then that I guess woman can haggle more then men lol but yea he's at my house now.

Here are the pics of some of the coral b_c_fisher gave us. Something went on with the camera settings so this is the best I could do until I figure it out.

Orange Cap

DSC03944.jpg

DSC03945.jpg

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03962.jpg

b_c_fisher hooked our kid up with up with the new corals and he was way cool and it is always a good time when you get to meet another reefer. I wish I could figure out the camera thing so we could take better pics.

This is what we feed the corals every Wednesday and Saturday.

1st is Reef Roids...1/4 teaspoon mixed with tank water. We feed with a the powerheads and skimmer off.

DSC03977.jpg

DSC03980.jpg

We also use a product called FUEL. We add it to the tank the same day we feed the corals.

DSC03991.jpg

She does weekly water changes of 5 gallons every Friday night and if you look at the Green cap it seems to have taken off. Not sure if it due to what she is adding or not.

DSC03973.jpg

The Green Star moving to the galss on the back wall.

DSC03971.jpg

Zoa/Paly are all closed up. If anybody have any ideas how to get them to open back please advise.

DSC03975.jpg

DSC03976.jpg

If anyone wants to trade some frags for food shoot me a PM or a post. We live the Mesa area. We would sell but would rather trade for corals. Looking for SPS,LPS or some Rics.

Here is what we have.

DSC03992.jpg

DSC03993.jpg

DSC03994.jpg

I miss AZ :(

You miss it in the winter but not the summer :o

Too much light, Too much flow or they're eating.

They were open before up until the Tiger Goby was added :huh: . I was told to increase the flow.

They were open when I got home tonight.....who knows what is there problem :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Mine close up for no apparent reason, every once in a while too...

As far as the 2 Green Goby goes I have never seen them sitting on them. That is not to say they don't. 1 stays on the far left while the other is always on the far right.

Tiger Goby could be doing it just by kicking up all the sand?????????????????

Could likely be especially if it gets up to their mouths they'll try to eat it they're like venus fly traps under water.

If anyone wants to trade some frags for food shoot me a PM or a post. We live the Mesa area. We would sell but would rather trade for corals. Looking for SPS,LPS or some Rics.

Here is what we have.

DSC03992.jpg

DSC03993.jpg

DSC03994.jpg

You miss it in the winter but not the summer :o

dang why do you have all them!?!?!?!?!?

beautiful mantis! i just started following this thread, keep the updates coming!

We really love the Mantis. We have had him for about 8-9 months. He is the best and so easy to care for.

dang why do you have all them!?!?!?!?!?

LFS closed down :o and they just gave them to me. It was a small Mom and Pop kinda place. They were really good to me and they had some left over stuff that we got. :D

Archived