inTank Media Baskets

40 GALLON BREEDER w/ the new Solana 34 gallon Mantis Shrimp tank

RLC

Here are some random pics of the fish that are in the tank.

Clown

post-41360-1233254120_thumb.jpg

Green Clown Goby

post-41360-1233254533_thumb.jpg

post-41360-1233254618_thumb.jpg

You can see both Green Clown Gobies in the pic. Maybe they will have little ones. :P

post-41360-1233254550_thumb.jpg

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are in the need of help from Nano-Reef. She is looking to get more SPS/LPS but not sure what would be a easy coral for her. She is wanting colors (red,green,yellow,blue and purple). If you have any suggestions we would appreciate it. We are doing weekly water changes of 5 gallons and adding "Aquavito FUEL" twice a week. It does seem to work but who knows it may be my mind playin tricks. Look at the cap from page 3 (post 49) then look at the pic on page 4 (post 77 pic #2 and 3). 11 days between the 2 posts. You be the judge. We will be going out next weekend to get corals so please suggest things to us ;) .

http://www.aquavitro.com/Products.html

Monti cap and encrusting Monti's are the easiest to keep when it comes to SPS , after that it can get tricky , meaning not only very high water quality , but also keeping calcium levels steady/high . IMO stick with the different colors of monti cap for SPS , and as far as LPS goes , you can buy your daughter just about any of it , as it is no more difficult than softy's for the most part . Bottom line is to make sure you research your corals before buying just like you do fish and make your purchases form there . HTH

Monti cap and encrusting Monti's are the easiest to keep when it comes to SPS , after that it can get tricky , meaning not only very high water quality , but also keeping calcium levels steady/high . IMO stick with the different colors of monti cap for SPS , and as far as LPS goes , you can buy your daughter just about any of it , as it is no more difficult than softy's for the most part . Bottom line is to make sure you research your corals before buying just like you do fish and make your purchases form there . HTH

Thanks Sea Slug. We will look at some LPS this weekend.

We may try this mixing of the Caps thing we saw on RC Jan TOTM.

post-41360-1233614182_thumb.jpgpost-41360-1233613897_thumb.jpg

Oh Slug the pics you posted here were absolutely fabulous. The Monti/butterfly thing is way neat.

^HAHAHA! Do te 75 as a reef it'd be hella Sweet! Anyways I agree Monti Cap or Encrusting honestly encrusters are easier then caps. Also look into Pagoda Cups they're a great SPS/LPS damn unclassifiables that are EASY to take care of and have cool colors. Hmmm other then that Stags are easy as a first Acro well easier then others or you could try the slimers they seem to be easy need any help just email me you know the addy.

We wouold like to thanks for all the input.

B C we will hit you up this weekend around 4pm @ P.I.

I think she wants to try the Monti Mix. All we have to do is find some nice colors like that pic shows. It might be hard to find here in AZ. B C that was a hint for you to pull your strings at P.I. ;)

Once again I want to say thanks for the response. Our daughter really likes to read what everybody has to say. :D

Thank you for comment. It makes our daughter to read all the nice things people say about her tank. When I first told her that we should put up her tank on Nano Reef she didn't think anyone would reply :angry: . I told who cares if anyone replies she could use this blog to track the progress of her tank. Then when she saw that people like her tank she walks around the house all proud B) . She looks forward to checking out the new comments people leave :) . So thank you PSYS! I am just sitting down to read all of your thread.

We will be looking at that this weekend. I know that she has a fancy for them. We saw a really cool green and purple one a week ago. I will pass on your suggestion B) .

Page 4 Post 71 has pics of the frogspawn and last night we were looking at the tank and noticed that it was pulled in a little bit. Is this normal or should we worried and go in to panic mode :o ? If anybody has any thoughts on this please respond. Everything else looks good in the tank.

liveaquaria is great!!! they have excellent customer service!!! keep an eye on the frogspawn, mine did that and steadily died :angry: but it could be just doin its normal thang. does she have any care for softies?? i have some sweet true tyree sarco toadstool frags, and some neon tan/green finger leather frags?? but anywho, tell her i enjoy checkin in from time to time on her thread!!

liveaquaria is great!!! they have excellent customer service!!! keep an eye on the frogspawn, mine did that and steadily died :angry: but it could be just doin its normal thang. does she have any care for softies?? i have some sweet true tyree sarco toadstool frags, and some neon tan/green finger leather frags?? but anywho, tell her i enjoy checkin in from time to time on her thread!!

Thanks for the reply on the online coral sellers.

The frogspawn seems to be back to normal. :)

Do you have any pics of the frags so I could show her? She really wants color. How much do you want for some frags. I will search your post to see if I see a pic.

I love the blended cap - that looks sweet! I have the green and some grape - but don't think that will look as good. Got to track down some green now!

Archived