Coral Vue Hydros

Is this normal?

nanonan

Hi, i'm on my 10th day of cycling my biocube 8 and before i did the water change,

the test results are showing like this :

0.15 Ammonia

0.05 Nitrite

10 Nitrate

waited a day after the water change and the test are:

0.25 Ammonia

20 Nitrate.....

I tought that the water change (30%) should bring at least my nitrate down......but it went up instead...

Is it normal that all my parameters rised because my tank s still cycling?

During the month of cycling process, does the number fluctuates like this?

I tough that a cycling is when..

Ammonia spike, then goes down

Nitrite Spike then go down

Nitrate Spike and ...water change....

Does this cycle repeats every other day?

How Am i supposed to reach 0 for Ammonia and Nitrite?

I added 2 small pieces of LR on main display.

ChemiPure and Purigen in Chamber 2.

Thanks

For the sake of simplicity, I would just wait in your case. The species of bacteria the process ammonia into nitrite are not the same as those that convert nitrite into nitrate, so they operate separately, and metabolize at different rates. These curves will coexist during the time of the cycle.

As long as water changes are small, you will continue to cycle. It may take a bit longer this way.

It occurs as a constant process (even after you're done "cycling"), so no, it doesn't occur every day.

But yeah, everything seems normal.

For the sake of simplicity, I would just wait in your case. The species of bacteria the process ammonia into nitrite are not the same as those that convert nitrite into nitrate, so they operate separately, and metabolize at different rates. These curves will coexist during the time of the cycle.

As long as water changes are small, you will continue to cycle. It may take a bit longer this way.

It occurs as a constant process (even after you're done "cycling"), so no, it doesn't occur every day.

But yeah, everything seems normal.

Oh yeah I started to see diatoms on my LR....

So there will always be ammonia, nitrite and nitrate even when the tank is fully cycled...because i read ppls test are like 0 for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate...how is that possible?

Thanks

Ammo and nitrite will be 0 at the end of your cycle. Nitrate will be present at the end of the cycle and possibly for the entire life of your tank. It is traditionally managed via water changes. Also I would remove the chemical filtration while you are cycling. It's only slowing down the establishment of your biological filter.

Ammo and nitrite will be 0 at the end of your cycle. Nitrate will be present at the end of the cycle and possibly for the entire life of your tank. It is traditionally managed via water changes. Also I would remove the chemical filtration while you are cycling. It's only slowing down the establishment of your biological filter.

Could i just remove purigen and Chemi pure and put it in a bag then rince & re-use it later?

Oh yeah I started to see diatoms on my LR....

So there will always be ammonia, nitrite and nitrate even when the tank is fully cycled...because i read ppls test are like 0 for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate...how is that possible?

Thanks

Well, there will always be things breaking down and dying in your tank, right? This is still converted to ammonia, nitrite, then nitrate. But once your tank is "cycled", the bacterial load you've established is metabolizing this just as fast as it happens. So the end result is that you'll see 0 ammonia, and 0 nitrite. Nitrate is generally removed through water changes.

Could i just remove purigen and Chemi pure and put it in a bag then rince & re-use it later?

Yes, that would be fine.

Archived