Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Biocube Resource Guide

uwwmatt

saltyfishwater

Thanks @BudsBio for the detailed photos of the Fluval light install.  I'd like to grow some macro algae in the display part of my saltwater biocube.  I don't really like the very blue light that's used for most coral, I'd much rather have a more white spectrum.  This Fluval seems to have a nice for that.  With the one light, do you think it's bright enough to grow more than just low light plants like Anubias?  Or would you limit it to low light plants only for the Fluval?

With the one light, do you think it's bright enough to grow more than just low light plants like Anubias?  Or would you limit it to low light plants only for the Fluval?

The Fluval Light gets really Bright..

The Pic of my Cube with the Fluval has the 3 white lights at 30%, the Blue light at 3% and the Red at 20%

I saw in a youtube video that the Blue light promotes Algae and it is best to keep it in single digits percentage wise unless you want more Algae.

Tomorrow I will post a picture of the Fluval at 100%

The Video on the Fluval 3.0 is here:

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDtJDQrZQk

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUkGILDDJw

Part 3 "Pro Mode"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIj53AcuimY

• 3 months later...

I need some help.

After busting the Coral life return pump on my Biocube 32, I replaced it with a Sicce Silent 2. Only issue is that the barbs are much wider than tube that comes with unit. Changing the tube to fit the barbs only transfers the problem from the bottom to the top where unit spout connector is made to fit the thinner tube.

I looked around for a replacement barb connector for the pump unsuccessfully and got lost in the lingo and sizes of the plumbing shops.

Can someone help? Bear in mind I would need something I can easily get in UK….. or mainland Europe at a push.

many thanks 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Tritone said:

I need some help.

After busting the Coral life return pump on my Biocube 32, I replaced it with a Sicce Silent 2. Only issue is that the barbs are much wider than tube that comes with unit. Changing the tube to fit the barbs only transfers the problem from the bottom to the top where unit spout connector is made to fit the thinner tube.

I looked around for a replacement barb connector for the pump unsuccessfully and got lost in the lingo and sizes of the plumbing shops.

Can someone help? Bear in mind I would need something I can easily get in UK….. or mainland Europe at a push.

many thanks 

Sorry, not sure how to adapt it… I used the sicce syncra silent 1.5 when I upgraded mine… it’s quite high flow too for the 32. You could check the Facebook Biocube group.

56 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Sorry, not sure how to adapt it… I used the sicce syncra silent 1.5 when I upgraded mine… it’s quite high flow too for the 32. You could check the Facebook Biocube group.

Did the Biocube hose fit in the 1.5?

9 hours ago, Tritone said:

Did the Biocube hose fit in the 1.5?

As I recall, yes, I think I just took the original one out and attached the 1.5. And I didn’t see any mention of having to adapt the attachments when I checked my journal. 

Thank you.

I went to an Aquatic centre today and by miracle they had an adapter that screws onto pump and has the right size barb.

x

Dear all,

I need some advice on scheduled lighting.

I’m still fine tuning and I’m try to figure out best schedule for stock lighting. 
At the moment it is set as follows (which gut feeling tells me is too much)

Day light 10am to 7pm

Dusk/Dawn 9am to 10pm

Moon 8am to midnight

8 hours of Darkness.

What are your suggestions?

Also, on a different topic,

I’m going to put Chaeto in inTank fuge in chamber two and will attach light to back glass.

The inTank basket is opened sideways, do I need to put a net or something or doesn’t matter?

Thank you in advance as always.

Murphs_Reef
31 minutes ago, Tritone said:

Dear all,

I need some advice on scheduled lighting.

I’m still fine tuning and I’m try to figure out best schedule for stock lighting. 
At the moment it is set as follows (which gut feeling tells me is too much)

Day light 10am to 7pm

Dusk/Dawn 9am to 10pm

Moon 8am to midnight

8 hours of Darkness.

What are your suggestions?

Also, on a different topic,

I’m going to put Chaeto in inTank fuge in chamber two and will attach light to back glass.

The inTank basket is opened sideways, do I need to put a net or something or doesn’t matter?

Thank you in advance as always.

This is what I have, ramps up from 06:00 peaking at 14:00, then down from 20:00 and off at 22:00

Screenshot_20210802-170103~2.png

Oh can be ignored... Just seen it was biocube 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Murphych said:

This is what I have, ramps up from 06:00 peaking at 14:00, then down from 20:00 and off at 22:00

Screenshot_20210802-170103~2.png

Oh can be ignored... Just seen it was biocube 

Wait, it’s still an idea that, even without being able to replicate 100% I can mimic.

Say I let Whites go on from 12pm to 5pm.

One hour of Moon each end, the rest in dusk mode.

Any good?

This is my schedule, which you’ve probably seen. I use it for both my Biocubes. I do recommend a long white light phase since the Biocube stock lights may not be super strong. You can make the blues turn off earlier, I just leave mine on late because I stay up late and like to keep the lights on while I’m in the room with the tanks. 

5E920F84-5BF8-4408-A969-D259A559FAB1.thumb.jpeg.8177d7a55382ce9d1717b806c44fa970.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

ive got my new skimmer. It’s a Tunze DOC2001.

after reading copious amounts of reviews and watched instruction videos to see how to fit it in my Biocube32.

However it looks like it’s a new version and the outside magnet is also the silencer.

Looking at it this creates a problem as the magnet can only be in chamber 3 and submerged , with air pump also under water.

Am I missing something? 
I insert two pictures. Hopefully someone can advise me on what to do.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg