Top Shelf Aquatics

Can anyone help ID this anemone?

on_ice

Purple tip sebae anemone. Needs a well established (+6 months old) tank and high lighting, preferably metal halide.

Did you buy this without knowing what it was and how to care for it?

its bleached too, so what lights he has right now are irrelevant. Its going to need some real special attention to get it colored back up and then you can worry about lighting.

Purple tip sebae anemone. Needs a well established (+6 months old) tank and high lighting, preferably metal halide.

Did you buy this without knowing what it was and how to care for it?

No, its in a friend of the families tank which as you can see is in failing condition because its not well taken care of. The lights are T12 6500k lights and the thing probably wont last very long. He offered to give it to me but I dont know if it will survive in my tank either with the stock PC lights. My tank has been stable for a year.

Your tank or his doesn't matter. It won't do much better. You have pc's and they need mh or really good t5ho. Its also bleached and so if it dies in your tank your tank will crash. Not trying to be mean but imho, dont risk it.

Personally I would try it. I have seen more random things make it, and if you are able to get it to brown back up there is a chance that it may adjust. Just be ready to do a really really big water change and to siphon it out the second it starts to look ######ty.

Personally I would try it. I have seen more random things make it, and if you are able to get it to brown back up there is a chance that it may adjust. Just be ready to do a really really big water change and to siphon it out the second it starts to look ######ty.

Hmmm.........

p.s. I like turtles as well

Man, that thing did not want to let go! I finally got it off and transferred it to my tank. Its been crawling around looking for a spot so hopefully it picks somewhere nice. Added a clown today too.

• 3 months later...

Archived