Top Shelf Aquatics

What is this?

Super Joe

I have a 24 gallon JBJ Nano Cube and the live rocks I bought from the local LFS had some hitchhikers. There's one particular snail I can't identify. It's the one with the green and purple shell. Does anybody know what the snail is and tell me if it's good or bad?

01.jpg

02.jpg

I actually just ided my stomatellas this morning. I bouth 3 astrea snails, but apparently one was a hollow shell. Out came four stomatella and two micro brittles.

Thank you! I actually have like a dozen of them in my 5 day old tank. I also saw a pretty big one, about half an inch in lenght crawling around pretty fast.

The stomatella are suprisingly fast for snails. I turned on the light the other day and all 4 bolted down the glass faster then I would have believed possible. Cool hitchhikers if you ask me. From the research I've done, there mainly nocturnal. When I do see one during the day, its mowing down hair algae. Preety sweet.

Scott Riemer
I actually just ided my stomatellas this morning. I bouth 3 astrea snails, but apparently one was a hollow shell. Out came four stomatella and two micro brittles.

Score! :D

Archived