Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 20g reef

caddyshack

I plan on getting 14 lbs low on $$$

thats why i said use the b-day $$ on rock. would suck if you used all the $$ on coral and dont have enough filtration to keep them alive. plus you "could" start a cycle again by adding new rock to the tank later....

sorry for the blurry photos any one have a casio exilm camera I cant get the settings right whats the best cheap camera you recommend? for good macro photos

post-35155-1233272437_thumb.jpg

post-35155-1233272448_thumb.jpg

what would be a good sight for upgrade bulbs for a Nova Extreme T-5 I have 2x actinics and 2x 10,000k but would like something a little brihter so I can buy some montipora down the road

I never said 6lbs was enough for good filteration but you have to realise that if you put too much rock in a year from now you could have crash of sorts from small pockets of built up organic matter later on. Yes more would be good with the volume of water he has but just be careful not to over stuff the tank with rock. Also the reason why I don't like the lbs rule about tanks is because each rock has a different density. Depending on where the rock comes from. Gulf rock is really dense compared to fiji or tonja. The weight may be the same but half the size. So look at th size of the rock rather than just the weight.

good idea, you need to have at least 15 pounds of VERY PORUS rock in there, at if not porus rock you need 20 pounds at least then, i'm sorry to tell you but those clons might not make it either now. With adding all that rock at once you will be starting your cycle all over again and unfortunately that will probably be the end of those lowns:( sorry to have to tell you that.

well i was looking in my tank and saw this patch of teeny tiny brown polyps and I have had this rock for a month and just noticed there probably 15 just in case its cyano im going to get a pair of wild pepermet shrimp.... I cannot get a photot since these things are like 1/20 of an inch if it was cyano would ther have been bigger by now?

• 3 weeks later...

updates... not exactly good -_- big algae break out havent added anything but im taking back my hermits and picking up a bunch of snails... wats the best for hair algae?

post-35155-1235349655_thumb.jpg

Archived