Coral Vue Hydros

My 20g reef

caddyshack

Well i sent up my 20g except for the light on Christmas. I just got back from Michigan yesturday and was going to take a few pictures but when i went to turn it on it was out of power so i charged it over night but when i woke up it still hadnt charged so my Dad called Casio (thats the camera i have) and they said its a common issue and there sending out a new battery free!!! so this time nxt week I'll have photos

P.S. I got my light in Michigan

1. 96w Nova Extreme Light

2. aqua clear filter (maybe mod into fuge prob not)

3.Heater

4. Koralia 1

5.8lbs. LR

6. 15-20 lbs. sand not sure tho

7. 4 hermits 2 snails

Soon Additions:

1. My small clownfish from my 6g JBJ and my Eagle Eye Zoanthid

2. Bubble Anenome and another clownfish to pair up with my current one.

3. Blue background :happy:

well quick update i have a little 3 polyp GPS in there that i found that broke off from the clolony in my 6 gallon JBJ adn moved it to my 20..... I'll be getting more LR Wensday and plan to move my clown and zoanthid in nxt weekend

I added my tw snails into my 20g yesturday and this morning noticed they havent moved they havent been eatin as the "foot" is out of its shell..... is it getting used to the change....?

everything is goin great i have to go get 8 more lbs of LR tommorow and a background, and a clownfish.... but im curous on the metal rod that connects the koralia propeller to the motor the rod is metal wont it rust???

post-35155-1231290069_thumb.jpg

post-35155-1231290087_thumb.jpg

okay i will try to get as much as my mom will let me...... well wat about the metal rod in the koralia wat should i do w/ it?

I think about 95% of the folks here have a Koralia in their tanks... You'll be fine!

well i did my first clean out today but was wondering i would like to get a sand sifting Goby what would you recommend for a 20g tank because the sleeper goby can get 5"

Livestock:

snails and hermits

Radioactive green Zoas

GSP

1x occlerious clown

7lbs LR (never had time this week to get more cause of school and bad weather)

Future plans:

Bunch of corals(Zoas,Lps,recordia)

1x BTA

2x cleaner shrimp

another clownfish

sandsifting Goby?

I've been having bad algae problems liake diatom and hair algae but its all borwn/rusty and the lights have been off but no luck what should i add to make it go away..

I have currently:

1 occ. clown

bunch of hermits

1 radioactive green zoa

1 GSp

6 lbs. LR

20-25 lbs LS

so what should i do my tank is 4 weeks old and im goin to the LFS this weekend... i have to do homework right now so ill post a pic l8r

• 2 weeks later...

well not much new I recently bought a candy cane but nothin exciting... but had a question my birthday is coming up and I was looking at the sponsors on here and look on Atlantis Aquarium... anyone have any good news about them? my parents are letting me spend $200 on there and theres free shipping on frag orders over $90 if i put in a montipora would it die under my T5 if i put it torwards the top?

okay but would the light be strong enough if its torwards the top? and is pacific east aqua culture or antlantis aquarium good for livestock???

Honestly there is no formula about how much live rock u need. Depends really on how you want your aquascape to turn out. You will get more filteration with more rock but if u have too much u'll make a rock wall which makes things worst in the long run. the rock walls usually have dead spots where water flow is almost dead which cause horrible water problems and alage blooms if nutrients are released from those areas. So just make sure there is sufficent water flow.

Honestly there is no formula about how much live rock u need. Depends really on how you want your aquascape to turn out. You will get more filteration with more rock but if u have too much u'll make a rock wall which makes things worst in the long run. the rock walls usually have dead spots where water flow is almost dead which cause horrible water problems and alage blooms if nutrients are released from those areas. So just make sure there is sufficent water flow.

i do not agree. he only has 6lbs and IMO he needs more. i would get atleast another 10lbs....

Archived