Innovative Marine Aquariums

TCK's Aquapod 12

thecowkid

Yeah, she prolly will. :rolleyes:

And hey, don't worry bout being slow, I'm prolly moving even slower than you on you-know-what. ;)

No worries here. I know it just makes the system that much better.

As Steve already knows I am in the process of making a fuge pod for these little tanks. It will slip into the middle two chambers. This little gizmo is going to make the task of taking the rubble out and cleaning it much easier.. This pod will also hold a chaeto chamber and submersable grow lights. Thanks Steve! I am hoping that this addition will make regular tank maintenance ALOT easier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update time.

Well I finally got around to picking up the maxi jet 900 today. I am a little upset by it. I used it along with the Hydor Flo. Now I have a sand storm. All the sand in the front right side of the tank is getting blown away. Now I have a pretty clean pane of glass showing. Anyone have any ideas of how to stop this. Oh how did you attach the flo to the output on the false wall. I took the two adaptors that would slip inside of each other and hooked it up that way. But it pushed the flo out an additional 1/2 inch. Do you think that additional lenght is what is aiding the sandstorm?

Well I just couldnt take the sand blowing around. I added two sections of loc line to the flo. With this addition I was able to position the flow just so the sand wasnt getting kicked up. But....After the huge sandstorm the left side of the tank between the glass and rocks got a little diatom bloom as well as what looked like a little cayno. Do you think the sandstorm could have caused this? I know that the flow was not moving water in that area.

• 2 weeks later...

As if you though I was taking to much time introducing anything to this tank... I have been pushed back even further. My ph droped down to 7.4 and I had a fast outbreak of dinos in the tank. I quickly figured that it was probably due to the extreemly low ph. So I dosed bionic to raise the alk and the ph along with a 2 week black out period. I probably did that wrong due to not using towels to completly black out the tank. But the dinos appear to be gone. I turned the lights on today for the first time. The ph was still lower than I would like 7.9. So I flipped the top of the tank open, opened the windows and turned on the ceiling fan. 4 hours the ph was 8.3ish. So note to self. Buy a little bitty fan and retro in to circulate fresh air into the tank area. Or would you recomend drilling some vents into the clear light cover to allow circuliation via the stock fan.

Diff question. Where can I get a silent replacement fan for this tank?

Thanks

I'VE GOT CRITTERS NOW!

After the long drawn out wait I finally got some critters for my tank. I had a few corals and one clam that were being kept at a friends house for the past few months. Jeff was holding some rics, zoas, palys and my clam for me. He was kind enough to give me two small clowns, a orange Florida ric, Golden sea mat and a green frogspawn. Thanks bro.

I am gonna let the critters settle for a few days then I'll post some pics.

:happydance:

LOL your not the only one. Emma came running in the living room screaming IISSSSSHHH IIISHSIE DADDEEEE!

• 1 month later...
thecowkid

Well a few days turned into alot of days. In that time Tyrone sent me a few zoa frags. Thanks dude..Enjoy that underground overflow that I didnt build. So w/o further adue here are a few pics. Please remember acrylic and grass is my forte not photography.

2024.jpg

2029.jpg

2030.jpg

2031.jpg

2032.jpg

2033.jpg

Found this little guy chilling in the back chamber the other night. After many folks said he is the devils spawn he got put back into my other tank. THE OHIO RIVER!

083.jpg

085.jpg

The future plans for this tank are a few more frags from Weety. "Thanks Lisa" Probably 4-6 sexies. And possable a tail spot. I am not sure if both of the clowns are going to be able to stay. The larger one is starting to ger rather agressive towards the smaller one.

• 2 weeks later...
BLoCkCliMbeR

are you running stock lights? or do you got a sunpod? ive been wanting one of these guys for a while....lfs back home had one w/ the sunpod for only 200+ bucks! yeah i passed it up at the time.....i still kick my self bout it....looks good so far

:huh: did you ever find your trailer?

I've stuck with the stock light. This tank is going into my 18 month olds room. So I wanted to keep it simple. But if you know were a stock hood is I want one. I've got a few 70 MH's sitting around that I want to stuff into it. That way I can have it and ALOT of time to do it right. Your so lucky that I am not around you. I would kick you for passing that up. The light is worth that.

:( Sadly I never found my trailer. I talked to the police today. She informed me that the video was useless. I have a hard time believing that BUT!!!

BLoCkCliMbeR
:( Sadly I never found my trailer. I talked to the police today. She informed me that the video was useless. I have a hard time believing that BUT!!!

the video is worthless? thats a bummer dude.....

nanotuners has spare canopys for about 90 bucks...lights and all....kinda steep if you ask me...

im itching to get one of these tanks....if LFS here will let me make payemts, i could fly under my wife's radar and have one in a month! :D

if you have a bunch of 70watt retros just laying around and have one to spare, i could take one off your hands.....just a thought..

Yep they are a little to steep for my blood. I have two mh setups, but I am not willing to let one go yet. I would be scabbing it from my last setup. I am still planning on setting that back up when we move.

Ah chit yer gonna be in trouble. She will find out.

Little update. Well the office got tore down and the tank got moved. As alot suggested I removed 4 gallons of water. Maned up and carried it to the kitchen. No problems at all. All the corals were fine, fish were just fishing away.

Any one got any ideas how to get a bit of gha out of a few zoa frags. I have pulled it, brushed it off many times but w/in a week its 1.25" long and the zoas will not open. Gettin kinda desprate. I dont want to have to frag a few polyps and toss the mother.

IDK about coral, so don't go trying this unless someone says it is ok, but in fw tanks you could just get a little h2o2 in a syringe, turn the pumps off and spot treat the algae with the h2o2. It might hurt the zoas, so don't go trying it unless someone says it's ok lol.

I'ma getting some more critters on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks Lisa! If I am a good boy she may even throw in a few sexies for me as well.

All in all this little tank is turning out to be a nice little setup. My little girl loves sitting on the kitchen counter and watching the fish. Just this morning she found the little feeding door. In went the little fingers and out came the giggles. The clowns love to come up and pick at your fingers. No worries I made sure that she didnt have any soap, lotions... that could hurt them. I cannot wait to move it into her room. What could be better than a multi hundred dollar night light. Dangit it needs to be in my room.

Joshua, "HONEY WE NEED A NEW TANK FOR OUR ROOM."

Pregnant Steph, Hand on hip. "UH, NO WE DONT. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MISTER!"

Joshua, Sighs :blink::(

Steph, :ninja: when pregnant.

Got a bit of a problem. I've gotta little GHA outbreak. I am not sure what has caused this. I am thinking that the lack of a water change for the past three weeks is probably the root cause. Well that and the sponge and floss had not been changed/cleaned for the same amt of time. So I did a 2 gallon WC, washed the sponge and changed the floss. I will change the carbon in a few hours.

Now I have to decide if I wanna add a new type of snail that will help eat the GHA. I thought that I woulda had enough snails that would of taken care of it. Guess not.

Yeah I am sure the wc's will do more than snails. But you know how busy I've been in the past few weeks. Heck it aint gonna get any better. Wifey is about to asplode!

WOOT WOOT for Lisa "aka weetabix7".

Okay so Lisa hooked me up. Thank you so much, your the best weet. :flower::flower: I owe ya!

So today I got a warm fuzzy package and it contained Armageddon Zoa frag, a French Silk Pie Zoa frag, a Fire & Ice Zoa frag, a small 2 headed Pink Tipped Green Frogspawn, a piece of Blue Cloves, AND 3 SEXY SHRIMP.

Everything but the Armageddon Zoa have opened up. I am sure that it will open up tomorrow.

But once again many many thanks out to the bestest mod ever. Thanks L.

YAY!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I was just wondering how everything was doing when I saw this post.

How are the shrimpies doing?

You should get their food in the mail soon, mebbe tomorrow.

I give them 1 pellet each, every day.

Archived