Innovative Marine Aquariums

NEW PICTURES FROM MY XS!

clownfish1124

clownfish1124

Oh. I honestly think that is a total pain, so I am gonna get whatever I can get cheaper. If I were to go with an xti, then I would get the 400 dollar kit from adorama (without mack warrantee) but if I go with the xs, it would be a cameta kit for I think $50 more. Both are factoy refurbs with 90 day warantees.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clownfish-

Unless I missed it reading this thread you need to consider the following when picking a camera...

What feels most comfortable in your hand. For me and my bear paw hands the Cannon fits better so I will be buying it. Specifically the Xsi.

Don't buy a kit. Buy the body and then buy the lenses and other accessories (think tripod etc) that fit the needs of the type of photo you plan to take. If all you are doing is taking coral shots then get the body and a macro lens etc. That money you spend on the 'kit' lens only to have it sit in the bag would be better used on what you will use.

To be fair, the kit lens has much more utility than a macro lens would. They're usually decent beginner's lenses that would also take macro shots. Plus they're great if you're photographing some place and you don't want to risk damaging a good lens :)

clownfish1124

Thanks urchinhead! Right now I don't want to buy an expensive macro as a beginner. I will probably just get the kit and a memory card and a bag. I am gonna get a vertical battery and or flash as my first upgrades. Then I am gonna save for a really good macro.

I found out what I am getting for my b-day. A dslr! My family and I are going to b&h this weekend to buy it! Yay!

I am glad I dont live anywhere near B&H....I would be in big trouble and broke

clownfish1124

haha!

i have been playing with it and can take semi-decent pictures with it. i'll try something over the weekend and post what i can come up with!

Archived