inTank Media Baskets

Deli's 1 gallon PicO

cdelicath

I've got a rock wall similar to that, on a 10 gallon tank for over three years, and I can say that it ain't all it's cracked up to be for me. I think your peninsula idea (sorta like a frontal view of a bommie) would work better. I really hope this works out for you. I've got a little 1/2 gallon tank that I've tried several times to make into a reef, but the light has always limited me.

If your lfs can't provide you with what you want, I've got lots of pico frags that might work. I'd be willing to pass them cheap, just to find out if they work under the light or not.

sounds good to me I will keep that in mind

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3197193057_36b4ea8e36.jpg?v=0

3197193093_a505b3d6ba.jpg?v=0

3197193127_40ebce1130.jpg?v=0

3198038214_f9637a7976.jpg?v=0

3197193523_086e5c9d23.jpg?v=0

3197193459_ede140421d.jpg?v=0

3198038170_2d71ed5aea.jpg?v=0

3198038242_211f9e5604.jpg?v=0

3198038086_869c35b1f6.jpg?v=0

3198038056_507df1d35a.jpg?v=0

3197193325_1733b76901.jpg?v=0

3198037898_0e9020911f.jpg?v=0

3197193199_0c48dee04e.jpg?v=0

3197193223_8b885f3290.jpg?v=0

4 LED's 1 white and 3 royal blue 700ma MEGA BRIGHT for this little tank.

Total cost just under $100 for all parts.

Big thanks to Evil for all the help.

Everything turned out great.

Now on to the BC14 and going from a 70w sunpod to LED's with a controller. :P:P

More pic's to come when the dust settles.

Looking sweet dude. How is the heat on the LED array doing? Do you think you could run it fanless?

Looking sweet dude. How is the heat on the LED array doing? Do you think you could run it fanless?

Yes... the heatsink is cold to the touch I am leaving it because it's hooked up now and because it provides good airflow on the top of the water also. But the heatsink would be enough without the fan for sure.

I had to go find forcepsKelly_Forcep_Curved.jpg today to add some coral. Hands can't go in pico's :rant::P

Here's a few updated pictures after adding some zoo's

3210604089_ddb6eba57e_o.jpg

At this rate I will have this thing stocked full in a month. Every time i'm at the LFS

I grab some floaters from his frag tanks. Perfect for the PicO!! One of the benefits of helping out the LFS owner. FREE FLOATERS :D

I think we need some closeups of the zoos under the new lights :)

How is the "glow" on the corals? With three royal blues in there, it should light up like a christmas tree.

I like the overflow. I am about to do that to a picotope and have an aquaclear 70 pulling out of the overflow. I left enough room to secure the sensor for an Tunze Osmolator next to the intake for the filter (I had a spare osmolator). In my tank i actually have enogh room for both the electronic sensor and the backup float valve (float valve on top sensor underneath, arranged vertically not side by side).

I doubt you could fit the float valve of an osmolator in by your filter but I would guess that you can fit the electronic eye. I ran an osmolator without the float valve in an old tank with no issues, so you might be able to pull that off here. Due to the small size of teh tank youd probably want to restrict the flow of the top off tube so that water comes out of it slower and delivers less volume than one pulse of an osmolator normally would.

Of course the osmolator would probably cost as much or more than everything else combined but thats a different story :P

Why thank you :)

Everything looks really nice. Is it really that purple in person or just the white ballance of the camera?

the White balance is an issue the only way I can adjust out the blue is to shoot RAW and warm the color in LightRoom

I'm trying to figure out a good shooting setup but no real luck yet. The light looks great in person but for some reason very blue to the camera.

Altered 3214717900_4503311f0c_m.jpg 3213869727_2d04a74831_m.jpg Original

Nice. I've been looking at a Sigma 17-70mm macro lens for my D40. Only macro lens that I can find that has the autofocus motor and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Not bad. The price on the lens I'm looking at has been coming down to a reasonable level. I think it's around $330 right now.

Anyway, back on topic. Digging the new light? :) How are the corals responding so far?

good so far I just checked the tank 1 min ago and I got a diatom bloom going. I threw a crab in there and he's going to town :lol: The color temp is great it really makes the neon coral pop. Top off in this thing is stupid. I really need to get my ATO built.

I've spent countless hours on this forum looking for a led build like this for my new 8x8 pico I'm building please point me the right direction and evil what happened to the led article you said you were putting together?

I've spent countless hours on this forum looking for a led build like this for my new 8x8 pico I'm building please point me the right direction and evil what happened to the led article you said you were putting together?

LED Build

It's coming, I promiss. I have been really busy these last few weeks and it has taken a back burner. It's almost finished though (it's a lot of information).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived