Hollywood's 6gal. NC

Hollywood2009

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hollywood2009
hows the tank?

Tanks doing good, haven't had time for it but I getting some stuff this week, Should have pics at the end of the week.

Hows your tank doing anything new?

Hollywood2009

reefCrawler

Hey,

Some Zoas look really familiar... haha,

they do look really good in your tank!

For flatworms, I'll suggest to get yellow wrasse - very peaceful, not growing large inside tank and won't flip rock works.

thats great your tank is doing good... i still have the same build on reefcentral... I need some ideas on what to put in my tank...

Hollywood2009
Hey,

Some Zoas look really familiar... haha,

they do look really good in your tank!

For flatworms, I'll suggest to get yellow wrasse - very peaceful, not growing large inside tank and won't flip rock works.

Thanks, your Zoas are my fav. they seem to be growing out of all my Zoas If you have a for sale again let me know.

I got a 6 line from a friend for a while really small and it has help him with his flat worn problem and it has help me with mine.

Thanks,

Hollywood2009

thats great your tank is doing good... i still have the same build on reefcentral... I need some ideas on what to put in my tank...

Try a coco worm or any type of feather dusters, I got a coco and he/she is great!

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009
You dont happen to be in hollywood, FL do you? i am in need of a flatworm eating sixline..

Nope sorry I am in N.Y.

Hollywood2009

reefCrawler

sixline is a good choice for flatworms, but later time, they have reputation to become agreesive in tank, but don't think you'll put too many fish in your tank size... it should be fine.

the corals look really good in your tank, "grand pa - me, haha" feel proud too, :D :D

Nice Nice setup!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Very cool little tank!

Nice job! :D

Tank looks great! Just curious what mods have done to this tank? Such as filteration, Protein skimmer ect? Also, have you had to add any Iodine to your tank for your Zoos?

Thx

Hollywood2009
Tank looks great! Just curious what mods have done to this tank? Such as filteration, Protein skimmer ect? Also, have you had to add any Iodine to your tank for your Zoos?

Thx

Only mods I have done is the 70w Sunpod and a chiller to help with the temps. In the back for filtration is some filter floss and Chemi pure elite. I don't add anything for the Zoas.

Thanks,

Hollywood2009

what kind of chiller did you end up getting hollywood... do you have a link for the chiller and lights you are using... might have to copy if ok... lol... o and i am getting ready to change my chemi pure but i am just undecided if it is actually helping my tank

Hollywood2009
what kind of chiller did you end up getting hollywood... do you have a link for the chiller and lights you are using... might have to copy if ok... lol... o and i am getting ready to change my chemi pure but i am just undecided if it is actually helping my tank

I got the Aqua Euro USA model # EU-CL85 I got it off of EBAY. The light I got off of someone here on this forum.

Chemi-pure I think works it keeps my water very nice and clear.

Thanks,

Hollywood2009

thanks hollywood.... how long have you had the chiller... what do you keep your room temp at... can we see pics of the plumbing the back chambers... any pics of how you have it set up

Hollywood2009

I can't get pics of the inside of the chamber, I did take a outside view .... but I made a mock up of the plumbing.. one tube goes to pump to chiller and the other tube goes to chiller to nozzle that goes inside the tank. Most people that I know don't like doing it that way and add a second pump in the second chamber, but this is working for me so far.. my temp in the room is whatever the outside temp is.

tankback.jpg

tankback1.jpg

Hollywood2009

• 1 month later...

still looking good hollywood.... have a question... have you heard of anyone raising the lid on a AIO system?... have any links?

Hollywood2009
still looking good hollywood.... have a question... have you heard of anyone raising the lid on a AIO system?... have any links?

I have never heard of raising the lid, only thing I know is about taking the top off.

Hollywood2009

Archived