Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hollywood's 6gal. NC

Hollywood2009

Very nice tank! Sorry to hear about the yellow/green zoas, not a common color morph. Do you have an ATO with the Sunpod? How much do you have to top off?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hollywood2009
Very nice tank! Sorry to hear about the yellow/green zoas, not a common color morph. Do you have an ATO with the Sunpod? How much do you have to top off?

No Ato, I have a glass top I had custom made. I don't have to top off at all, by the time I would need to top which is about a week I am doing a water change.

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009

I have a outbreak of NUDIS'

005.jpg

I have got rid of all I can see and I have looked for eggs which I only found one sack.

Should I keep going this route of finding them and pull them out or Should I go the Flatworm Exit route.

Thanks For the help

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009
F'n nudis, have you freshwater dipped the colony to make sure you got everything? sorry to hear that man

I have FW dipped the colony but I don't know if any went to the other Zoas. I guess I will wait and see. :scarry:

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009

Just a little update beside the outbreak of those little buggers

I got two of these guys

006-2.jpg

008.jpg

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009
Nice yumas

Thanks, just wondering do yumas move around, because mine has moved around in a circle.

On the Nudi Front..(I am so tired of looking and dipping) I have dipped all of my zoas and no nudis and I have removed 3 egg sacks on 2 of them. The only thing I am scared of is some of the eggs that where on zoas might have broke off into the tank do they have to be in sack form or can one small egg floating around hatch by itself? Also how long do I have to wait till I see more of these little buggers?

Thanks,

Hollywood2009

Edit: I know seagrass wrasse eat these buggers, I know that it would do the trick but do u think that if i put one in a 6 gal for a month would it kill him? If so i don't want to put any fish in harm or my tank.

Thanks again,

Hollywood2009

couldn't tell you what to do because i've never had to experience that yet, thank god. i bet it's a pain in the a$$ though. but just wanted to compliment you on your success. seems like you must be doin something right. those zoas are growin like weeds. hopefully i'll have the same success. good luck with the nudi problem.

Sounds like you've done the right thing on the Nudi Warfront.

I've never personally known nudi eggs to detach, they stick to the zoa stalks pretty well.

I say watch them closely for the next 3 weeks and if nothing more shows up in that time you're probably okay.

If anything else does show up, you obviously already know what to do.

I personally wouldn't bother with getting the fish.

Hollywood2009
Sounds like you've done the right thing on the Nudi Warfront.

I've never personally known nudi eggs to detach, they stick to the zoa stalks pretty well.

I say watch them closely for the next 3 weeks and if nothing more shows up in that time you're probably okay.

If anything else does show up, you obviously already know what to do.

I personally wouldn't bother with getting the fish.

Thanks I have been checking and haven't seen anything new, I guess I will wait and see.

I love your tank :)

Thank you!

WOW SUCH A NICE TANK!

great job!

Thank you!

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009

Spoke to soon I found 1 nudi a baby one on my zoas. I got him but I think this is going to be a long fight.

A cease fire Intill tomorrow, then it's back to war.

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009
Those are some great pictures. I enjoy looking at your thread.

Thanks... here are some more pics

002.jpg

003.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

010.jpg

012-1.jpg

015.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009
Nice pics Hollywood the tank looks awsome, that ricordea garden in the right side of the pic is sweet.

Thanks, I have 10 rics there with at least 8 that have 2 to 3 mouths.

On the Nudi Front I have not seen one for 3 days, I hope I don't see anymore.

Hollywood2009

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hollywood2009

Some new Pics...

I got a 2 new coals, Hammer coal and Xena..

195.jpg

199.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

200.jpg

203.jpg

208.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg