Cultivated Reef

Hollywood's 6gal. NC

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009

Tank is about a year old, I have not done to much but update my light to a 70w Sunpod.

Here are some pics...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Hollywood2009

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hollywood2009
tank looks nice but why keep the choc starfish in the display?

The choc starfish is in display because it is feeding time for the Harlequin.

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009

Small update ... got new zoas and had to take out my green zoas due to zoa poxs,

I am going to try to cure them but it doesn't look good. Just moved things around in the tank.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Old pic of Harly...

3-1.jpg

Hollywood2009

Hollywood2009

Some new pics

FTS

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

Start of my Zoa Garden! I can't wait till these puppy grow out and over take the tank!

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hollywood2009

nice looking tank hollywood.... i ordered a 6 from nanotuner with 54 watts... can you give more details about your tank... filter, media, any upgrades in pumps or is it still stock... thanks hollywood

Hollywood2009
nice looking tank hollywood.... i ordered a 6 from nanotuner with 54 watts... can you give more details about your tank... filter, media, any upgrades in pumps or is it still stock... thanks hollywood

The 1st chamber I only ave filter floss but I made a shelf out of egg crate so i don't use that much floss

chamber 2 is Chemi-pure, and the last chamber is my heater, temp probe and pump which is a Rio 600

Hollywood2009

nice tank, ive had my tank for a little longer than a year and it doesnt look half as nice. Great job! Does feeding starfish mess up your water params or do you do more water changes?

Hollywood2009
nice tank, ive had my tank for a little longer than a year and it doesnt look half as nice. Great job! Does feeding starfish mess up your water params or do you do more water changes?

I do a 20% water change a week to cover the bio load.. But it really doesn't effect it by much.

Hollywood2009

some more questions.... what kind of heater do you use?.... also what is the rate for the rio?.... any other pumps that would fit in the back... I hear that the smallest maxi jet would fit back there....thanks for the help

Hollywood2009
some more questions.... what kind of heater do you use?.... also what is the rate for the rio?.... any other pumps that would fit in the back... I hear that the smallest maxi jet would fit back there....thanks for the help

I don't remember the name of the heater but it is a small heater, 50watt heater. I think the rio 600 pumps out

160gph.. You could get any pump u like as long as it fits in the chamber. My pump is not a huge upgrade

to my tank but it gives it enough flow to move stuff around.

Hollywood2009

nice video wood... I picked me up some chemi pure for my tank today... just looking for some filter floss...i went to my petstores and could not find any... Do I have any other things I could use... I have heard you can buy some floss from wal-mart... have you ever heard of that? what about the filter sponge that came with the tank? My tank is clear from far away but up close it is murky.... this pic was taken friday night when I set it up... I will make a build thread later on... I have one on reefcentral... thanks

SN852052.jpg

Hollywood2009
nice video wood... I picked me up some chemi pure for my tank today... just looking for some filter floss...i went to my petstores and could not find any... Do I have any other things I could use... I have heard you can buy some floss from wal-mart... have you ever heard of that? what about the filter sponge that came with the tank? My tank is clear from far away but up close it is murky.... this pic was taken friday night when I set it up... I will make a build thread later on... I have one on reefcentral... thanks

SN852052.jpg

You can use the sponge for now but every week you have to clean it. I am not sure if wal-mart sells floss but u can give it a try.

Nice start!

Hollywood2009

thanks wood.... sorry about posting a pic of my tank in your thread... can you give us a vid of the whole tank... your back chambers and anything else you want to show... tank wise lol

Hollywood2009

Here is a mock up of my back chambers

tankback.jpg

Red arrows are water movement... as you see in chamber one is floss on top and the egg crate table, then

chemi pure in chamber 2, and chamber 3 is pump, heater and temp probe.

Hollywood2009

Archived