Top Shelf Aquatics

2g Mantis Tank

clifford513

Jer put him in permabanigatory. I will get more League shots soon. I hope to Sunday after I add my frag meet stuff :happy: T

Sorry about the flow/bs (lol) thing and thanks for the compliment :)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how many lbs of sand do you have in teh tank?

I'm not sure. I used some sand from an old setup. It is 2" deep all over though. Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer.

looks nice cliff

Thanks Travis. I have 18 new frags in now. I will have to arrange and glue them tomorrow. I will try to get pics then or on Monday :)

YAY PICS... FTS?

league's lookin good.

has he/she smashed up any corals or mushies yet?

im worried about the thought of putting nice zoo's in the tank and having them used as a punching bag.

YAY PICS... FTS?

league's lookin good.

has he/she smashed up any corals or mushies yet?

im worried about the thought of putting nice zoo's in the tank and having them used as a punching bag.

Doesn't bother any corals other than walking across them. The only thing he has smashed is an astrea I put in for him. Don't worry about your corals, they'll be fine :)

FTS w/flash

IMG_3308.jpg?t=1232410454

w/o flash

IMG_3309.jpg?t=1232410534

Your tank looks sweet! Reminds me a lot of my old 2.5g mantis playground.

Oh Cliffy, if you decide to treat this tank with FWE too I would remove the mantis. When I treated my 2.5 mantis tank with FWE, I netted out my mantis and put him in a plastic cup while I treated the tank and did the waterchange. I have heard that they can tolerate FWE, but I was scared to take the chance.

YAY more PICS

thank you for the reassurance about my zoos looks like ill go ahead w/ my plan

Welcome :)

Your tank looks sweet! Reminds me a lot of my old 2.5g mantis playground.

Oh Cliffy, if you decide to treat this tank with FWE too I would remove the mantis. When I treated my 2.5 mantis tank with FWE, I netted out my mantis and put him in a plastic cup while I treated the tank and did the waterchange. I have heard that they can tolerate FWE, but I was scared to take the chance.

Thanks. Yes, I will definitely remove him. I <3 League :D

League sure looks content in there. :)

:happy:

I really like your tank. Your mantis is sweet looking. I keep a turbo snail with him and he doesn't even look at it. I feed mine about once a week with a freshwater red claw crab and I also feed him some krill once or twice a week. I have never had a problem with him hitting the glass.

Here is a couple pics of my Mantis.

Mantis_11.jpg

Mantis_3_5.jpg

Manty_the_Manits_1_.JPG

has he eaten all the snails yet? :)

No, I put them in the 33g to multiply :D

Well, you filled this one up quick Cliff!

League is quite the handsome fellow.

Looks great B)

Thanks NRF. I took some out for my son's new tank.

I really like your tank. Your mantis is sweet looking. I keep a turbo snail with him and he doesn't even look at it. I feed mine about once a week with a freshwater red claw crab and I also feed him some krill once or twice a week. I have never had a problem with him hitting the glass.

Here is a couple pics of my Mantis.

Mantis_11.jpg

Mantis_3_5.jpg

Manty_the_Manits_1_.JPG

Thanks! That's good to know. How about molting? Any issues? How often? League is a real character. Your mantis is awesome, btw :happy:

Thanks Travis. I'm about to do a water change. Diatoms have disappeared for the most part. Got a little cyano on the filter intake. Copepods out the ying yang.

Archived