Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RO/DI still running

DeepSea

I just got an ro/di unit a few days ago and I hooked it up and purged the system for 20 minutes according to the instructions. I haven't used the system yet, but it is still pumping waste water into my sink drain. Is the system just filling up with water and if so when will it stop making water? Is this normal?

I just got an ro/di unit a few days ago and I hooked it up and purged the system for 20 minutes according to the instructions. I haven't used the system yet, but it is still pumping waste water into my sink drain. Is the system just filling up with water and if so when will it stop making water? Is this normal?

is it a drinking water kit ? does it have a tank that goes with it... that could take a few hrs to fill depending on membraine size

about 5 to 1 ratio of waste water vs pure water produced. You are running normally. If it is pumping into a RO holding tank then it will stop when the pressure equals your input pressure. There is a air bladder with about 10 psi in it. As the tank fills the pressure backs up and eventually stops the RO unit. I believe that a special 4 point cross switch thingy is needed though for the system to operate. Otherwise the water is pushed out the waste line.

If this happens to be the case I could find that switch I am revering to and link you a photo.

Archived