Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

5gal Nano Fish

shandy_say

What fishes can you suggest for a 5gal skimmerless chillerless nano tank? Current inhabitants are just 4 sexy shrimps. No corals just sand and live rock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Why do you say a chillerless tank? Do you have heating problems?

In any case, you should consider the smallest gobies, such as Trimmas, Eviotas, clown gobies, and neon gobies. Limit it to one or two. However, you should consider a pico as a potentially unstable system, and you will have a much lower bioload with only the sexy shrimp.

Why do you say a chillerless tank? Do you have heating problems?

In any case, you should consider the smallest gobies, such as Trimmas, Eviotas, clown gobies, and neon gobies. Limit it to one or two. However, you should consider a pico as a potentially unstable system, and you will have a much lower bioload with only the sexy shrimp.

Well I live in the tropics so sometimes the ambient temperature gets a bit high. I also can't turn on the lights for too long as I noticed that the water in the tank gets warmer when I leave it on. Im planning to add 1 - 2 more fishes. 1 of the fishes is likely to be a yellow watchman goby. I however want a fish that swims and not just perch over the rocks. A 6 line wrasse would be an option too but im afraid it will eat my 4 sexy shrimps. Any other suggestions?

Umm, you must realize that your tank is a pico (5 or less gallons). I strongly suggest not getting a yellow watchman or a sixline wrasse because they get kind of big and the sixline is an active swimmer. You could try to get one of the smaller shrimp gobies like something from the genus Stonogobiops.

Umm, you must realize that your tank is a pico (5 or less gallons). I strongly suggest not getting a yellow watchman or a sixline wrasse because they get kind of big and the sixline is an active swimmer. You could try to get one of the smaller shrimp gobies like something from the genus Stonogobiops.

Hmm....hard to find those small gobies here since they ship poorly. would a single clown fish be too big for a 5gal pico also?

Bubbley_Guppy
Would 3 clown gobies be ok?

3 clown gobies are a definit no no since they are highly territorial so only one clown goby or as the other guy said go fishless

Archived