12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get rid of my female?

• YES
    • no.
    • Work something out (suggestions)

I have a ocellaris clown pair

1 very aggressive female

1 very sweet male

Today I turned on the lights to find my goby and male's fins were shredded and there heads are bashed on to...my female clown is horrible and kills everything in my tank if she gets a chance. she's killed 3 cleaner shrimps too! she bites my hand all the time and chases my other fish around. she wont even let them come out from the back of the tank!

I dont know what to do anymore....should I sell her? or give her back to my LFS? work something out to keep her? she's quite beautiful fish, but very nasty mean.

they dont even swim or sleep together anymore....she beats him up more than love.

plus i know its the female attacking because i saw her do it!

love hurts.

once again, the male will become a female anyways, so it's your call

It may not end up being aggressive once it sexually matures, though. Extremely aggressive Ocellaris seem to be the minority.

I voted to get rid of her, because "working something out" to me would mean or end up with her being the only fish in this tank or another.

im pretty sure there are sex change doctors for your fish, you could always try that, though they are pricey. :D but then it would be a Male and male pair,and i dont think we want to get into that.

Pan Fried Angry Clown

Ingredients

1/4 tbsp olive oil (good quality extra virgin)

1/2 tbsp cornmeal

1 pinch Old Bay Seasoning

1 #####y female clown fish

2 tsp Miracle Whip

1 tsp sweet relish

1 dash lemon juice

Directions

1 Warm up olive oil in a 10" or 12" skillet.

2 Mix the corn meal and Old Bay seasoning thoroughly, then spread out on a platter.

3 Coat fish lightly, but thoroughly with corn meal and Old Bay mixture.

4 Lay coated fish in hot olive oil (medium-medium high heat) and cook until golden on the bottom, then turn fish over and repeat.

5 While fish is cooking, combine Miracle Whip, sweet relish, and lemon juice and stir until well blended, then serve with the fish.

Steamed carrots or broccoli and some form of potatoes go well with this.

Might serve one cat, if he's not very hungry.

so you watched your female clown kill three cleaner shrimp?

i'm sorry, but i call BS on that. unless, of course, you do nothing all day but stare at your aquarium.

so you watched your female clown kill three cleaner shrimp?

i'm sorry, but i call BS on that. unless, of course, you do nothing all day but stare at your aquarium.

And you don't?

About your clowns - it might be that the female is not matured yet. So time would tell. But the wait puts your other inhabitants in danger. You have a tough decision. If you get rid of the female the male might freak, but that depends if they are truly paired... It's a toss up. Return both and try again, or wait it out.

I'd hate to be you right now. I like my fish and would not want to get rid of any of them.

First off, I do look at my tank alot, its replaced TV for me...My female waits till the shrimp has their backs towards her, she grabs them by the tail and swings them around and around. iv tried small,medium,and XL cleaners...and it doesnt matter what size, she kills them.

iv had the clowns in the same tank for 3months now, and when i bought them the LFS said they were about 4months old.

I think I may talk to my LFS (who are very good to me) and see if they'll take her back. I may just keep the male, my clown goby, and buy a blenny instead.

My female waits till the shrimp has their backs towards her, she grabs them by the tail and swings them around and around. iv tried small,medium,and XL cleaners...and it doesnt matter what size, she kills them.

that sure is a clever clown. :rolleyes:

to be honest, tailspots are not hard to find here in seattle, every LFS has them,

i really want a leopared blenny...that would be cool.

well I plan to do that, and acutally it was a starry blenny i want, my bad.

first I need to get rid of TimTom and 3 hermits

then buy 4 snails

let the tank take some time off and mature (i had to take out all my rock to catch the mean clown)

then I will wait for a blenny of choice

I dont think my male will turn aggressive, because he hates my female and tries hosting with my poor clown goby lol.

Archived