Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Skimmer for 24G Nano Cube DX

my1stnano

My wife bought me a nano-cube 24G for my B-day. I am new to the nano portion of reefkeeping. I had a very successful 125 reef for 5 years, but that's been a little while. It seems as thought the industry has dramatically evolved during my absence. I was convinced by my LFS that a skimmer was not required in nano systems, but after lots of reading I determined this was not the case. I just purchased an AquaEuro Nano skimmer and I'm totally lost on where it is supposed to be placed. I have a closed top system and this was marketed as "specifically made" for the 12 and 24 G nano-cubes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

I bought a Saphire protien skimmer for my JBJ 24gal nano, it works good.

My wife bought me a nano-cube 24G for my B-day. I am new to the nano portion of reefkeeping. I had a very successful 125 reef for 5 years, but that's been a little while. It seems as thought the industry has dramatically evolved during my absence. I was convinced by my LFS that a skimmer was not required in nano systems, but after lots of reading I determined this was not the case. I just purchased an AquaEuro Nano skimmer and I'm totally lost on where it is supposed to be placed. I have a closed top system and this was marketed as "specifically made" for the 12 and 24 G nano-cubes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
I bought a Saphire protien skimmer for my JBJ 24gal nano, it works good.

Thanks for your response, did you have to modify your hoos in order to place it in the tank?

IMO, skimmer is not needed on a nano, unless the tank is going to be sps dominated...

Good husbandry will save you some coin. Don't get me wrong, a skimmer is a good thing, just not necessary!

IMO, skimmer is not needed on a nano, unless the tank is going to be sps dominated...

Good husbandry will save you some coin. Don't get me wrong, a skimmer is a good thing, just not necessary!

Only modification I did was I had to remove the hood so I could upgrade the lights. the Sapphire protein skimmer sits in the middle chamber. So you need to remove the bio balls etc.

-MjrWingnut

Archived