pico_20090811_3.jpg

pico_20090811_4.jpg

World's 'smallest' elegance doing great

pico_20090811_5.jpg

Here is a side view of the tank

pico_20090811_6.jpg

Here is a rear view of the tank, lots happening there too

pico_20090811_7.jpg

lookin great. if u were to move that chaeto box and add a HOB fudge then youd be able to add more rock and coral lol

I like fudge but it's not cool in tanks.

Looks real good SanDeep.

Jamo

Thats not an acan its a blasto wellsi very cool coral wish i could get my hands on one of those.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the update! the tank looks beautiful and the corals have grown alot! :D

One of my favorites on NR <3

update ? ;/

Your old tank thread inspired me to start plaining a 5.5g aio. Going to have similar equipment. YAY for pico's.

New tank looks great aswell

• 2 months later...

It's been a few months and here is the latest updated pics.

I've removed the fish breeder, extended the reef island a bit with the real estate. I put the cheato behind the reef island at the rear of the tank and added a HOB filter which provides the flow current for the tank now.

P_2010_01_22_1.jpg

P_2010_01_22_2.jpg

P_2010_01_22_3.jpg

P_2010_01_22_4.jpg

P_2010_01_22_5.jpg

P_2010_01_22_6.jpg

Micro-Elegance doing great, a few more tentacles as you can see

P_2010_01_22_7.jpg

P_2010_01_22_8.jpg

1. Instant is ocean is fine for all corals except SPS or other things that heavily use calcium/alkalinity. Also, buying salt in larger packages (or buckets) is helpful in saving money on something you will constantly use.

2. Do not use crushed coral. The grains are too big, and they easily get clogged with detritus and other waste. You don't need live sand as even dry sand will become live with live rock, and most bagged "live sand" is like arag-alive (aragonite sand) isn't going to have much life sitting on the shelf for months/years. Live sand isn't dangerous, but is expensive.

3. Don't buy kalkwasser or the buffer (or any additive/supplement for that matter). You should only dose what you're [accurately] testing for and only when dosing is necessary. For a new tank, dosing something like kalkwasser is a very bad recommendation.

You should aim for roughly 1-1.5 lbs of live rock per gallon (using base/dry rock is fine).

Hi im new to all this, iv had running for about 10-12 months a 36g juwel tank with internal filter removed iv been running on a 25g sump containing live sand and live rock, i have about 2kg of live rock in my sump and about 15kg in my main display however im a student and funds for my tank are low at the moment it just has always seemed to be quite empty and after i lost the 6 fish i did have it all seems abit to much.

i am considering chopping the glass partisions out of my sump and down grading my system to a 20g nano reef and running of mainly biological filtration within the tank, would this be something that is going to be worth it or not? just need some feed back really.

cheers Nick

• 2 weeks later...
It's been a few months and here is the latest updated pics.

I've removed the fish breeder, extended the reef island a bit with the real estate. I put the cheato behind the reef island at the rear of the tank and added a HOB filter which provides the flow current for the tank now.

P_2010_01_22_1.jpg

This tank is simply amazing! I love it and hope my fluval edge can run similar. What are you running in the HOB? Do you still have a fuge setup?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest updated images of the tank, everything is doing great.

P_2010_05_02_1.jpg

P_2010_05_02_2.jpg

P_2010_05_02_3.jpg

P_2010_05_02_4.jpg

Micro-elegance is now about the size of a quarter. I fragged my elegance in my nano into 5 frags and ended up with two tiny pieces of skeleton with a few tentacles attached. You can see them to the right of the micro-elegance. It will be interesting to see if I can keep them alive & if they grow and develop a mouth like their cousin below.

P_2010_05_02_5.jpg

Archived