have u seem them? i havent!

jerzsky

everyone talks bout worms in they're tanks. i have always monitored my tan. day and night. even once borrowed my uncles night-vision camcorder, and caught nuthin unusual. is this normal? or r they just too sneeky for me>?

Militant Jurist

For me, it took a couple months before I started seeing worms. Now I see them day and night. I think it depends on the amount of food available for them. I have no fish, so I don't feed much. I had a lot of random snails at first (which have since reduced themselves in number) and then my worm population spiked. I think it's just a part of the natural cycle of an ecosystem and the different populations balance themselves out in different numbers based on the conditions.

Also, the more porous the rock, the less likely you are to see them, since they LOVE rockwork. If you want a better shot at it, put some food in at night at the base of your LR. You might get some worms crawling out. I'm sure you already know this (but I'll write it for the sake of those who don't) use a red filter on your light so that you don't scare off the nocturnal creatures.

Oh, and I love the quote! ;)

:lol: YA, IVE EVEN TRYD THE RED FILTER ON THE LIGHT TRICK, NUTHIN! MAYBE I DONT HAVE NONE. MAYBE ITS A GOOD THING, SINCE I JUST GRAB ROCKS N STICK MY FINGERS IN THEM WITHOUT A CARE!

ya the qoute just fits! well said!!!

.......sorry for the caps lock, didnt realize till i was done typing.....

its part of the unfreezing process!

because I thought the same thing and as i scrolled down she said it HA.. but at the same token I would have said something like I love those bouncing boobs like i said in another thread about a week ago..

i would say find a piece of rock that is settled in to the substrate and pull it up and and turn it over you should either see them on the under side of the rock or in the sand hurrying to get away

i may try that, i have a peice that i can move without disturbing the rest of the isalnd. the reason i said what i said was becasue showjyr has been helpful to me as well as have i to him, and was just kidding around. to come out n say someone is drunk all the time when they post, is to say that they r a stupid drunk when asking theyre questions and giving theyre advice on reefkeeping.

oh...k ur still way way higher than i am...i think im bout 1.5' above sea level. wish we had snow though! my truck wants to go out n play.

holy cow this thread got off topic! oh well! no biggie! feel free to box up some snow n ship it down!!! :lol:

Archived