inTank Media Baskets

I hate Fed-Ex

midna

I would recommend to most people to use USPS. I've had great success with them, and they are usually pretty friendly (and cheap) at the Post Office.

Whatever you do, stay away from UPS. My friend has worked at UPS for 2 years, he tells me stories about how they throw boxes around, drop on purpose, open up boxes, etc etc. Basically its a bunch of college kids working as loaders, and the only responsible ones are the drivers (but all they do is drive and deliver). Do not use UPS!

Wow that really sucks.

I've had my fair share of dealing with Fed-Ex. I stayed home for two days straight (glad I had those days off) waiting on a package. They left a ticket on the front door but never rang the bell or knocked. Thinking I was nuts I tested the doorbell, worked perfectly every single time. On the third attempt I met them at the door. His excuse "well it's an apartment complex so I didn't knock and didn't know your apartment number".

It says right on the package APARTMENT 101. He just sighed and walked away.

UPS likes to lose packages in my experience.

USPS, they come in on time....just slightly damaged. Like $200 worth of books with muddy footprints on them. USPS said it wasn't their fault. Riiiight.

ddr_phish, same with with Fed-Ex. Package football/soccer is a popular sport at both Fed-Ex and UPS hubs in Toledo.

last 2 fed ex packages i got were just fine. I got one this morning with a bulb I had ordered, perfect condition. Fed ex has been the best for me so far, but Ultimate Package Smashers has come through a few times.

Call your credit card company and complain and try to get at least the shipping charges refunded. If you are in good statnding with them You will be surpirse at what they can get done. Not reef related but i had some furniture delived and some lamps were missing, I called the store and they told me they would have them the next week, Well next week came and the woman i dealt with was on vacation and no one else had a clue. I called Amex, told them the story and if they couldnt help me to send me my final statement and i was going to cancel the card. Two days later i was called by the store and had my pick of ANY lamps free of charge. Remember they need to sell things more than you need to buy them. Always bargain from a postion of strength.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

The first and prob. only time I ever got livestock delivered was about two weeks ago by FEDEX.... two corals, it was two days late and less then 60F. Thankfully LiveAquaria is more then happy to work with me I haven't lost them yet, but one of the two doesn't look like its gonna make it... its been slowly looking worse and worse. I told them I will try my best to save it but they are more then happy to refund me when it goes. Bottom line I wont be shopping for livestock online again.

I've had issues with every delivery system at one time or another.

One incident with USPS where they didn't knock. I was waiting all day for the package and it never came. I went out to get the mail and they had already come and left the "notice" in my mailbox. I sat outside and waited until they came down the other side of the street and confronted her. Her response?? "Oh, we are not supposed to knock on the door after 3pm". And SHE had a total attitude. Um, right!! My regular lady has knocked on my door as late as 8pm!

UPS-doesn't knock or ring doorbell and just leaves it at the door. Waiting, waiting, waiting until finally looked at the tracking info and it says "delivered" only to find it tucked in a corner outside. BUT...I have a WONDERFUL ups driver that knows I order corals/fish/ect....and he will come to my door, knock and wait for me to answer. Many times he likes to see what I got so I open it and show him. But one time the box was so banged up he told me to open it right in front of him and make sure everything was OK. If it was damaged he would take it back. It was all OK even though the packaging was slipshod. He did tell me about how those boxes go thru h*ll getting to their destinations. That they go thru miles of conveyor belts and fall off of them all the time and get pushed by other boxes etc....with so many packages it all automated.

Fed-ex. Same. No knock etc...just left at the door. Gee, is it that hard to knock or ring the bell??

UPS has never hesitated to leave packages on my front porch, in full view of the street.....when i have an easily accessible side door that might be 5 more steps. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least I've been lucky enough not to have anything lost or damaged. My take on them is as so:

UPS: Iffy handling, but very on-schedule

Fed-Ex: Better, but still a little iffy handling, somewhat unreliable schedule. Will not hesitate to add a day.

DHL: HA!

USPS: Great handling, very iffy schedule.

Archived