inTank Media Baskets

7 Gallon Bow Front

Jon Paul DeYoung

Jon Paul DeYoung

I have rescently thought about getting a 7 gallon mini-bow reef with 10lbs of lr and 7lbs ls. I don't know what lighting I would need for the following corals although here they are: Bubble tipped anenome, bubble coral, hard brain coral, green button polyps, leather finger coral, one pink colt and green frogspawn. My guess of lighting is 1 32watt blue and one 32 watt white. I am also going to make my own canopy with holes in the back for ventilation. Also I am new here and only 13 so plzz help me out.

All you need is one 32w smartlite, that is plenty for a 7 gallon.  I have that on my 10 gallon and it works great.  I would also advise against the anemone, chances are it will die relatively quickly.

Welcome To Nano-Reef.com

go with 14lbs sand then 2 lbs live sand. lose the bta= Bubble tipped anenome. 2x32 watts pc is way too much light for a 7.5 gal nano

go with 1x32 watt pc 50/50 light. bta will move around and kill your corals or desolve its self and kill the hole tank.

if you have any more questions just ask :beerchug:

anenomes move around if they are not 100% happy and sting corals get sucked into powerheads die they just ar better left in the sea

if your looking for a host for clownfish get a bubble coral or frogspon ,harry shrooms harry, leathers some times they will use these corals as a host

hth

you can maybe get like what I did. I got a piece off a torch coral and my clownfish uses it like an anemone. Keep it far away from powerhead or filter intakes as possible. no feeding neccessary either although some plankton once in a while would do good.

Archived