SaltCritters.com

Do my Zoanthids Look Healthy?

speakyourmind

speakyourmind

Just wondering because some of the heads Never open up, and wanted to know if these guys looks healthy.

Thanks! (Lighting is 4x39w t5, 2 12000k daylight, 2 actinic)

001kz2.jpg

w640.png

002ji3.jpg

w640.png

I also placed them high up but the other heads still wont open up

007tw5.jpg

w640.png

Thanks for wasting my time with your "Do fish get thirsty quiz"!!!

Why would you promote something like that? Do you get some of the profit that is generated by sending me spam to both my home and cell phone?!?!

Why would you promote something like that? Do you get some of the profit that is generated by sending me spam to both my home and cell phone?!?!

:huh:

I think imageshack did that....but no, fish don't get thirsty, unless they are in StevieTs water.

speakyourmind

thanks but why wont all of the heads open? Sorry about the spam im using imageshack and it duz that sometimes

+1 :angry:

Answer: only saltwater fish drink water. Freshwater fish don't actively drink.

The Propagator

You have the on set of either a predatory attack, or disease would be my guess. ( polyps look white and sickly around the edge and in the middle.)

Do a fresh water dip for about 1-2 minute shaking them up or blasting them with a turkey baster.

You will see all manner of critters flying off there.

It kills bacteria, as well as flushes and unwanted nasty critters off the colony.

Add 5m iodine to 1/2 gallon for an added bonus and to help heal.

I NEVER put a colony in my tanks with out 1st dipping them that way.

I use Tech-D for my acros before they go in as well, and Coral dip for my leathers, and LPS.

Archived