Innovative Marine Aquariums

HOT RO/DI

adinsxq

:(

sigh.

the in-line meter still reads zero... but that's probably fubar too. time to make an order.

thanks eric. i was actually going to just PM you and save myself the thread.

you are my hero.

I did something similar but

a) the water was not scalding it was very warm and

B) it was for 5-10 minutes only

I quickly adjusted the faucets and started running it correctly and made 5 gallons of 0 TDS DI during the next 3 hours.

How do you know that the membrane is damaged?

er1c_the_reefer

i dunno. it's probably if you consistently used hot water on RO membranes where it gets damaged. everything i've read says do not use water > 100*F because it'll make the glue fall apart. if that's the case, you'll notice the membrane is damaged when you try to take it out and it "telescopes"

i'll call air,water,ice on Monday. In the absence of any other info I will assume that if I am getting 0 TDS output on the di side than everything is ok.

Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something, but is this that difficult to figure out? Like Phixion says, just get a handheld TDS meter (pretty cheap) and keep testing it.

bonsaidarrell
i'll call air,water,ice on Monday. In the absence of any other info I will assume that if I am getting 0 TDS output on the di side than everything is ok.

Thanks

Does your unit allow you to get a sample after the RO? That would give you a better indication, because the DI could cover for a bad RO for a short time.

Does your unit allow you to get a sample after the RO? That would give you a better indication, because the DI could cover for a bad RO for a short time.

Yes. I will check that today. As I understand it, RO should be 5-10% of tap water tds correct?

Archived